Ram Rod

Second Service Cost

Just had my 518d serviced yeaterday in Arras. New diesel filter, pollen, air, Castrol Magnatec LL04,  etc

Total cost €586.00 or £511. Car was ready in 90 minutes.

How does that compare?

Edited by Ram Rod

Sounds a lot but when you think about it, there will be easily £100 of oil as they charge per individual litre. £50 for air filter, pollen filters will be minimum of £50. Fuel filter £50. 1.5 hours labour at £100 excl vat per hour.

Yes sounds about right by the time you then pay for the nice smiley girl behind the desk, the fancy leather sofas that you sat on for 90 minutes while you drank their free coffee and used their free wifi.

My wife paid £300 for her service on her Ford Kuga, spark plugs, air, oil and pollen filters. But it has a less pretentious badge on its nose and was serviced in the glamorous location that is Linwood.

The only way i would be gong back to the dealers was if my car was still in warranty, even then it would annoy me on the costing when i know how much it costs to carry the service out at home or even at other garages. 

That's me been cheap though i guess :)

Sounds incredibly expensive.

i just paid £273 at sytner BMW for Oil, pollen, air, fuel and oil filters as well as a vehicle check on a 320d

5 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Sounds incredibly expensive.

i just paid £273 at sytner BMW for Oil, pollen, air, fuel and oil filters as well as a vehicle check on a 320d

Looking at the BMW Value service site that price is for Oil, Oil Filter, Microfilter and Vehicle check. So if they did do Air filter and Fuel filter as well they've given you a very special price.

Last year my 530d was £500 odd for the full house service at Cooper's Tunbridge Wells which was exactly what it said on the BMW Service website. 

Edited by Matthew Ashton

5 hours ago, IINexusII said:

@sjak92 was this at Sytner Chigwell?

Harold Wood.

Apologise, price was £293, forgot about the “scope” to dispose old

oil, but it did include oil and all 4 filters

Still have this, as mentioned above a further £20 for scope and £33 for vehicle check 

A1452F23-DC22-4CEB-9036-FFB567110229.png

10 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Still have this, as mentioned above a further £20 for scope and £33 for vehicle check 

Great price from them and well below BMW's Value Pricing for services.

So, i just checked the same thing for mine, £548 + scope :o

Good thing its not due for its first service yet, but I will certainly purchase the service pack for £399 - will get me one interim and one major service for less than half price essentially. 

Shocking that the price difference between a 320d and a 520d is so huge when its the exact same work

5 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Shocking that the price difference between a 320d and a 520d is so huge when its the exact same work

But they see it as the 520d owner has deeper pockets than a 320d owner so he/she gets made to bend over more at the dealer.