Pete Soulby

Touring wallowy ride

My touring knocks from the front, I’m hoping it’s drop links, ARB bushes, top mounts but guessing it’ll be all the arms :rolleyes:.

however....bear with me, it’s hard to explain.

When I go over say a speed bump at anything other than a snails pace the car feels like it’s dragging it’s back wheels/axle (I know it’s not a beam axle but that’s the feeling) after the car has passed the bump, almost like the wheels are in a pendulum motion from the strut top.

Any ideas?

Agree. Had them done on mine soon after buying it. Guy at the garage said that when they are worn, you get a “tail wagging the dog” situation - new bushes really tightened things up! Though I think the touring is inherently just a little more boaty especially with the air springs on the rear. 

Probably is those bushes. Even though it was about 10 years ago, I can remember mine developing a really funny feeling that was enough to make the exhaust bang in it's mounts. 4 new bushes (they are very big) and the car felt peachy again. Cost me quite a bit IIRC, I think £400 from a good independent.