I cannot find anything out about the spec of an 'AC Schnitzer S5 V8'; there is a little bit out there on t'internet about the S5 3.6 and S5 3.7 E34 cars with M30 straight six engines, but nothing about the 540i conversion. 

Hartge did a conversion of the E34 540i and Alpina produced different two versions of the E34 540i but the AC Schnitzer version remains a mystery.

I strongly suspect this car is a Japanese import, knowing a little of the sellers history. 

3 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

if the paint job on the bootlid is anything to go by then lets hope teh rest of it os OK .. and the tail  badges on wrong side look terribe i think

Probably not, look at the close up of the wing and front door.

Damm and I paid £1,700 for this standard one a few years back that had less miles on the clock... It was a nice car but sadly passed away with a cooked engine ... whilst I was not even driving it...!

I perhaps should have hung on to it and stuck it on e-bay as a "barn find" in a couple of years time...

5abd0a15e5d55_DSC05373(Medium).JPG.086836752a7bacdb13ae8b07dc77cfec.JPG5abd0a180adbd_DSC05375(Medium).JPG.21ba73aa91fdec35ec1c6edda749b874.JPG

5abd0a1a49ad5_DSC05377(Medium).JPG.f2ffb23cbcc17991c7ccdecfe01207a4.JPG5abd0a1c176ba_DSC05378(Medium).JPG.166a91414f5165705b9e9388e99bb936.JPG

5abd0a1dd936b_DSC05379(Medium).JPG.191795fb5a7a07b88732ff2b1a3b00f7.JPG5abd0a1fb73b8_DSC05381(Medium).JPG.6311e84036b0895417afa3bc6b4e79fc.JPG

7 hours ago, sharkfan said:

I cannot find anything out about the spec of an 'AC Schnitzer S5 V8

I strongly suspect this car is a Japanese import, knowing a little of the sellers history. 

A few years ago I bought a supposedly Racing Dynamics K55 e31 that was from Japan. Came with allsorts of claims, one being it was a pace car for a series of races out there. Anyway it turned out to be just a bog standard V12 with badges!

At least I didn't pay the Badge Tax and sold it on honestly described.

Buyer beware!

15 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Any reason you didn;t replace the engine gary?

I wasn't quick enough, the missus had sold it on before I got back home from working away.. 

To be fair I wasn't best pleased, the body work was in excellent condition, way better than my E39 at the time. The only gripes to think of were the split tailgate, the window was sometimes reluctant to open and the heating system which was a bit temperamental at times. 

But as a long distance cruiser it was superb, quiet, waft and reasonably spritely. ...

20 hours ago, Bumbaclut said:

your missus cooked the engine and then sold it? Is this a wind up? I'd fucking kill her!

I wish it were.... she did the same to my ST200 tourer 18 months earlier...

Needless to say we are no longer together...  ;) 

Just glad I never allowed her to drive either of my M5s...

So... £38k? :lol:

• LHD & an auto - fairly undesirable to most
  • Engine bay needs TLC
  • Paintwork will need a lot of TLC IMO
  • Interior looks like it needs a lot of retouching and cleaning

Daft prick with a dream-like asking price... Real world, maybe around £8k, maybe?

Or am I way off?!

7 hours ago, d_a_n1979 said:

Daft prick with a dream-like asking price... Real world, maybe around £8k, maybe?

Or am I way off?!

A little off... I'd say £5k as it has some nice bits on... Rims, Exhaust, Mirrors, Facelift Black Leather Door Cards etc.

It would command more money and a bigger audience on mobile.de being LHD and German.

C.

Lots of Jap imports are tarted up with this sort of stuff from new but are standard mechanically. I bought a 1993 325i Auto Coupe write off that was a Japanese import - AC Shitzer wheels, bodykit and S3 badges and according to the V5 it was an ACS S3 2.7.....no it wasn't.:lol:

It will never sell at anywhere near the price advertised.

Look at it as a LHD e34 540iA Wagon with some nice rims and that's where it's at, hence my £5k valuation. ;)

C.

2 hours ago, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

Lots of Jap imports are tarted up with this sort of stuff from new but are standard mechanically. I bought a 1993 325i Auto Coupe write off that was a Japanese import - AC Shitzer wheels, bodykit and S3 badges and according to the V5 it was an ACS S3 2.7.....no it wasn't.:lol:

That calypso red one, with that funny rear spoiler. 

No it was Sterling silver Jon. K reg with ACS tat (genuine) including front and rear bumpers, boot spoiler, rear window spoiler. ACS wheels, steering wheel, cloth M3 Vaders and a slipper. It was like a 1 year old car underneath, sold the engine to Scott the Welsh Zoner for £550 because it was so mint. You could literally wipe the dust off the running gear and it was black paint underneath. I paid £480 delivered from HBC, broke it to £3500. Asked top dollar for everything and sold it all in 2 months.

Those were the days.

On 14/04/2018 at 3:44 PM, Sir Anthony Regents-Park said:

No it was Sterling silver Jon. K reg with ACS tat (genuine) including front and rear bumpers, boot spoiler, rear window spoiler. ACS wheels, steering wheel, cloth M3 Vaders and a slipper. It was like a 1 year old car underneath, sold the engine to Scott the Welsh Zoner for £550 because it was so mint. You could literally wipe the dust off the running gear and it was black paint underneath. I paid £480 delivered from HBC, broke it to £3500. Asked top dollar for everything and sold it all in 2 months.

Those were the days.

Weren't they just. 

Im pretty sure you had a Calipso red one with some Schnitzer garbage attached to it. You fragged that to good profit too.