paulie031

Been dismissed at Work

5 hours ago, nealpina said:

If it will eat away at you.  (Very unlikely they will give you job back), but I will write an appeal letter today, explaining you would have sent it quicker but due to the public holidays not enough time as was too busy. However in that letter write that they were wrong not to do a full investigation, your side of the story, and with constructive language why your supervisor is a clown - no one likes him, and that he is a liability.

May not make any difference to them but it will be in the back of their minds.  Also hopefully may make you feel better

Thanks for the advice but I'd rather concentrate my energy on my wife, mother and a new job. They know deep down he's a liability , one of the owners even alluding to it. Their loss as now they have a 90k ornament sitting in their machine shop as no one else can use it except me and it'll take months to get up to speed on it

I think you are taking the right attitude, life is too short, move on and realise it is very much their loss.

On another note, the advice on here is correct, but only to an extent, they cannot give you a bad reference in writing, but no-one can censor what they could say in a phone call, so treat any reference to this job in an interview with a shrug and "We all make mistakes, it wasn't the job I hoped it would be so I'm moving on"

Both my current and previous employers have notes in the company handbook which state they will not give references of any sort, good or bad, merely confirm the role and duration of employment.

Hi folks I have an interview on Monday,  it's a good place to work as I know a few people working there who have sung my praises.

I've contacted my old boss from a few years ago where I had nearly 12 years service and explained what happened, he has no problems giving me a reference and would take me back if he had the room .

I also have a personal reference off a university professor of mine to add weight and I've mentioned these when emailing my cv to this company 

On 4/10/2018 at 2:45 PM, paulie031 said:

Hi peeps got the job, starting on Monday ☺

Good on yer mate!

Just read this thread - I'm pleased things have worked out for you, now you can attend to the family matters. Never let that slip, I've seen too many cases where it has gone wrong and no job is worth that.

Good luck for Monday :)

On 13/04/2018 at 9:09 PM, e60neindanke said:

Good luck for Monday :)

Agreed

Also if the pressure with your Mum get too much, then don't be afarid to talk to a professional   

On 3/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, paulie031 said:

...........and trying to find a care home for my mam who has dementia 

Totally sympathize with you there from a very recent experience. Extremely stressful and upsetting for sure - my mum passed away on 12th December last year, just three weeks after going into care.

Hope you get your life back on track.... 

Edited by Loadmaster

On 3/28/2018 at 6:43 PM, paulie031 said:

Sorry, just been under pressure recently from my mother in law passing away and trying to find a care home for my mam who has dementia 

Feel for you with the latter as I have experience with that. My old man is maybe doing better with his Alzheimer's. He was sectioned at the end of last year (Section 2) and then moved on to Section 3. He's in hospital for the past few months, but actually, its a good place to be. 24/7 care by professionals, although they think he is now good enough to be moved out.  So back to the worries and concerns about finding the best place, although things have moved on and we are very much more pragmatic about things. 

Now I don't want to be patronising or anything, but life hasn't been easy for  me and especially the Mrs what with having a mentally disabled son, and it has taught us various lessons. One of them is about self pity. It's a destructive and wasteful emotion to have, not least because other people really don't care too much about your circumstances. If they do, then most don't have to live with them so it is all a little hollow. For years I went through the "why me" bit, got no answers and got nothing positive out of it. Its hard, but pragmatism is the best way forward. TBH you posting on here that you have had this problem is part of getting on with it. The old maxim of a problem shared etc. is very true. 

While you might not want to, I am more than happy to talk to anyone about these sort of issues. if I can help even by just listening, then I am happy to do so. 

Had my 3 month probationary period review a few weeks ago. They commented how polite and helpful I'd been fine tuning a recent job they'd taken on and fitted in with the other boys.

My old boss asked my mate who still works at the last place was asking if I'd found other work the other week, he said his face dropped when he told him where I'd got into :rolleyes:

Unfortunately my auntie died in June and have been told today my wife's uncle has been found dead in bed. So her grandparents have lost two children in 9 months, unbelievable year

Agreed, well done. Job changes usually workout for the best. Sorry about your family. I know what you're going through. I've just been to two family funerals in the last 10 days.