Sign in to follow this  
GBS

E39 540i Black Manual?

57 minutes ago, inkiboo said:

Seems expensive to me, especially as it is not a facelift.

Why's it not a facelift?

It's a 2000 Sport, isn't it?

As I said to the OP; it's about £3k overpriced IMO and needs a bloody good wash and professional polish... As do the headlights

Scuffs on the rear too and broken front undertrays etc

No real mention of engine, cooling system or suspension servicing too, so for me, all that needs to be taken into consideration

It's either priced not to sell, or they're dreamers

Edited by d_a_n1979

Hi,

I agree with the above !

For £8K it has to be perfect with good service history to show the common issues with the 540i taken care of. The pictures aren't good at all, shadows and no real close ups so it's a car that needs to be seen in real life. There's a small parking dent that is visible in one pic and is that a few scrapes on the lower rear diffuser?

The build date would reveal if it's a pre-facelift which has had the headlamps and rear clusters changed. The steering wheel is the obvious aspect to think this, however, it's most likely one of the first facelifts but with a pre-facelift steering wheel either by factory or changed by a previous owner for some reason. Either way, it's an easy swap to a M Sport steering wheel if it's a facelift example. 

I'd place it at £5500 if mechanically it was good with good history and no real concerns on the common E39 issues body/rust/jacking points etc wise. 

GBS - Go view the car and check it out thoroughly!!

Cheers, Dennis!

Those aren't Champagne seats either - Caramel comes to mind!

Would be much nicer on a set of original Style 37's too