Steveo1

De-laminating trim

Hi All

Cleaned the interior of the car today and noticed that some of the trim around on the aircon control unit appears to be de-laminating. I noticed it some time ago but was only a tiny bit in the corner of the unit but it appears to be spreading (see pic below). 

You can actually get your nail behind the lifted area which is what makes me think it’s de-laminating. The car had just turn 17 months old and I have owned it from And the unit has only ever been cleaned with a dry micro fibre or Swissvax interior detailed. 

Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue and if it was covered by the warranty. 

Would you guys try getting it changed under warranty or just live with it. I ask as I know I can be a bit picky when it comes to my car.

DC9C2935-6352-411F-898A-33B77A1EEE4A.thumb.jpeg.bc7714d9992890b2b40b103118183c21.jpeg

Edited by Steveo1

If it's still under warranty, then I would get it changed. Just out of interest, and perhaps a long shot, it's not a film that needs to be peeled off at all is it?

Edited by nashdm2

5 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

If its still under warranty, then I would get it changed. Just out of interest, and perhaps a long shot, it not a film that needs to be peeled off at all is it?

Thanks for the reply I will give the dealer a ring tomorrow see what they say. I thought it was a film at first but when you get your nail behind it's like a really thin hard plastic.