Modge

Refurbed wheels from Pentland powdercoating

Just got my wheels back from Pentland Powdercoating in Edinburgh and have to say the finish is amazing, really didnt think they would come up as well as they did given what they had to work with!  Never had wheels refurbed so cant compare the standard to anywhere else but they certainly came in at a reasonable price, £216 all in to refurb and powdercoat 4 bare wheels and fit/balance new tires on completion.  Definitely recommended.  You can see my before and after pictures below, although I dont think the before pictures do justice to just how gubbed they were before they went in! (Not my handy work I must add, they were that bad when I bought the car in January!!)

Anyway, just need to wait until the weather gets better so I can get the winter wheels off and get my shiny wheels with my new summer tires on!

20180316_120747.jpg

20180316_120759.jpg

IMG_20180309_090137.jpg

IMG_20180309_090112.jpg

Edited by Modge

That is a very good price.

Get new ///M stickers on them £10 for 4 genuine ones and get new roundels, very genuine fake ones from eBay shipped from China for less than a tenner but will only last a year or get real ones for about £40. 

That will set your wheels off nicely!

35 minutes ago, 535i Andrew said:

That is a very good price.

Get new ///M stickers on them £10 for 4 genuine ones and get new roundels, very genuine fake ones from eBay shipped from China for less than a tenner but will only last a year or get real ones for about £40. 

That will set your wheels off nicely!

Way ahead of you!! Already have them!  Will get them all assembled when I get the winter wheels off!! And these bad boys on!!

12 hours ago, RightHandGoose said:

Good to hear Pentland still doing a good job and still reasonably priced as well. They used to give you car for the day for a few extra pounds... 

Aye they still offer that, but I didnt need it as im still running my winter wheels.

4 minutes ago, Modge said:

Finally got them put on the car!! Just need to invest in some chrome bolt covers to hide my rusty bolts!!!

20180407_152313.jpg

20180407_152304.jpg

No.... Do not get chrome covers :lol:

Just buy some black bolts!

Think I've some in the garage you can have for £10 to cover postage... I'll confirm they're there before you agree though.

PM me if you want them!

6 minutes ago, d_a_n1979 said:

No.... Do not get chrome covers :lol:

Just buy some black bolts!

Think I've some in the garage you can have for £10 to cover postage... I'll confirm they're there before you agree though.

PM me if you want them!

Cheers for the offer but Ive got 20mm spacers on the back so need the longer bolts on those wheels.  As one of the spacers is properly seized to the hub I am going to have to leave them in place for now, Im going to have another go getting them off next week so I may take you up on the offer if im successful!!

Ah no worries; I've got normal length ones and some for 15mm spacers, but not 20mm

My advice would be to go to a stud conversion kit as I have on my E39; makes life so much easier ;) 

Anyone know if an MV3 would fit? I'm keeping an eye out for a set of 18inch non staggered for next winter. 

I'm probably better off with CSL replicas or something. 

Bah!! Lost a new centre cap already!!!  Had to put on one of my scabby old ones for the time being!