Beej4

M5 valet today. Results

Hi all

Just wanted to share some lovely pics after I had my M5 valeted today. The paintwork was already beautiful but it is pristine now (bar the odd tiny scratches that need paint correction).

One of the pics shows the local (Cambridgeshire) chap who did the work, highly recommended!

Plus, my first ever E34 M5 'fix' was the replacement of the front fog light bulbs, which now work!

Enjoy.

20180314_111355.jpg

20180314_111345.jpg

20180314_111124.jpg

20180314_111559.jpg

20180314_130215.jpg

20180314_130224.jpg

20180314_130242.jpg

20180314_131139.jpg

20180314_131223.jpg

20180314_131233.jpg

20180313_182948.jpg

Thanks MJ! I just wanted to get a winter protection valet done on the car to protect the paintwork.

He did a great job so I'm getting my daily 330d done in a couple of weeks.

Before anyone says winter is over, look at the forecast for the week ahead!

Thanks BB! 

My next mission is to tackle the interior - door cards, rear seat split in seam and get the interior brought back to healthy 'skin'!

Still a couple of electrical issues (wing mirrors not working, memory seat module? not working, interior/reading lights not working, odometer reset 'knob' in dash doesn't reset the mileage to 0) but once done, that will be the car pretty much perfect!

Any advice on any of these electrical issues will be gratefully received!

Sorry electrickery is not my strong point however I can advise that with the interior/ reading lights it may be something as simple as a blown bulb or fuse?! I would definitely check fuses first and go from there!

Good luck! ;) 

Checking fuses is the extent of electronics knowledge! Next, open things up to check wiring... when I can get round to it. 

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, I rely on all of you for advice since I'm new to the M!

I've been opening the taps since the weather got better and I can tell you, it drives fantastically well, even better than I expected.

The engine is more responsive low down than I thought but it's the handling that's been really surprising.

For a big old beast, it really does turn wonderfully well into corners with a lot of confidence, so you tend to give it more,...and it handles that too!

So far so good, I'm over the moon with it!

It's 'just' had a wash..ish :), wasn't detailed as the paint was already good.

The details are 

1. Snow-foam wash

2. Shampoo'd

3. Clay-bar'd

4. AutoGlym polish applied

5. GTECHNIQ EXO sealant applied to bodywork

6. G1 clear vision applied to windows (hydrophobic water repellant)

7. C5 Wheel armour applied.

There are two fine scratches (about 4-5inches each) on the bottom of the ns front bumper and ns rear bumper and a small (£2 coin size) on the of bottom of front bumper, which you can see in one of the pics above.

Other than those, the paint is fantastic.

OK, not in any of the pics above!

Look at the bottom corner of the front bumper in this picture, the silver detail.

front_os_corner.jpeg