bmwf113.0d

F11 tailgate release button

The one by your ankle in the cabin, I'm looking to move it to the blank panel I have to the right of the steering wheel. 

Only reservation I have is if it's inadvertently pressed whilst in motion, guessing there's a cut off speed wise? 

If no one knows I could test it with the key but just thought I'd ask?

Thanks, I'll have a look when I get time.

The father in law takes our dog running every day (mon-fri when we are both @ work) when I pick him up on a morning and drop him @ the local country park I have to faff with the key in my pocket so this is a big help, he has just realised after two years he can close it by pressing the button so closing is no big rush but handy.

This is what needs changing if you are using ESYS via an ENET cable:

Boot lid close from Driver's kick panel button (now moved to new position which I like!):

HKFM   

TASTER_FBD          aktiv

SCH_TOEHKI          aktiv

Good result, nice neat job too.

@Matthew Ashton how do you know what to code?

Is there a long list somewhere that tells you what the code is to change? Recent post showed someone coding to add paddle shifters so curious to know how to find out what the codes are.

3 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Yes Andrew, Matthew has a chart of all the available changes and what to code, along with his really good knowledge of how it all works. 

Thanks Dave :D

Andrew, there are long lists of coding options out on the Internet that you have to decipher to see what is applicable to the UK cars. US cars have many functions disabled from the factory that we in the UK (and Europe) have set by default so actually in the UK there is little that we need to mess around with coding wise.

8 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Thanks Dave :D

Andrew, there are long lists of coding options out on the Internet that you have to decipher to see what is applicable to the UK cars. US cars have many functions disabled from the factory that we in the UK (and Europe) have set by default so actually in the UK there is little that we need to mess around with coding wise.

Ooooh found one. 

I honestly didn't think it would be that easy to come accross.....it's a BMW, so my initial thought is always, it will be difficult and expensive!

Thanks Matthew and Dave.

On 11/03/2018 at 4:19 PM, sshooie said:

Done it in any case, never realised this button will only open the tailgate, not close it.

pGpRQtPF6h7w5ecB8QlQSLTz_PRiHjgBykZCYVUFrfDnhsF2mKCTWgbAiWg-wLLw0csauvkQ83W9-vagyxAWTTzLBcjNs-kFDJIJFp4GUyDDXY8axlP5G1wy332DlzbKlYyShzZaaTBi_bUWDI3zOCJuTmxOWP1sHCwHXLPDAm7BVaKiBbKZSNHoK5tGXfXUE-OnI7A0erdJf5yenjkubhz3EFesqQtWHQZcnEtAHxt3p3mDciFiGl7Go7EZjMzayRvyFfRmH0jzHVo8Xv8Ta7oX79WegWKDZ1rSI1IhzEXqQfEwJrsetefMqADjsIEyJFskAjhxMgdTlrw20_eOrhMYZVE7DyWeB_aPUSPpZTBgnSg5yO385FYiG0Pm71ixQBJ7gLrbyMfHx2hvlaXNFYRYjJf4zfIUN6EFOSJe75UvmwFJFejCtwc1EYjgLFnq9D4vTTJ2ZRDPL2t6aAY3pdzLeFVTIWGbqKdZBw1QH2eqHEDS4VzYE5QhvGpoZy9hWWnVdvs4rVUHH1COz5CecIbnAiMTx16NYg2NWbH0aqXMJTMhlIWRhZr1iNvPDpSekRz2afRVFZCGuKQmqqw1XzSPYMZjONcBynLYUBGu=w1280-h547-no

I assume there was enough cable slack to do it and also, how did you blank off the old slot please sshooie?

I am sure that on my car there is a wide area where a bank of switches can go as I think my HUD switch is the first one occupied. I wonder if this switch will slot in next to the HUD switch?

Edited by nashdm2

This is a really useful mod IMO. The button is currently in a right PITA location.

As above, was there enough slack to do it easily? Bet it relatively easy if so.

The wiring needed to be seperated a little from the loom but this was easy and meant there was plenty of spare.

For the old slot I have ordered another button from fleabay for the princely sum of £6.00 and will either use it as a blank, wire it in to the existing (unlikely as I see no point or if it looks gash I may just blank it off with some plastic sheeting i have. More than likely just use the switch as a dummy blank.

There are 3 wires to the plug on the back for what i assume are neg, switch and illumination although I never tested them.

Very easy mod, took all of 15 Minutes.

51 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

I assume there was enough cable slack to do it and also, how did you blank off the old slot please sshooie?

I am sure that on my car there is a wide area where a bank of switches can go as I think my HUD switch is the first one occupied. I wonder if this switch will slot in next to the HUD switch?

Dimensions of the switch were 25mm x 10mm iirc with a depth of c25mm too.

Personally I wouldn't mount it if there were any other buttons as it'd look odd, they are flush and the release stands slightly proud. If that were mine I'd still relocate it but maybe elsewhere, perhaps on the door or reachable but out of sight.