MitchE39

2003 E39 M5 Newbie

Well I've stalked this forum for long enough and finally got round to creating a post. I own a 2003 E39 M5 in carbon black. Owned since beginning of 2015 am working my way through the usual E39 gremlins. Other than that it's a superb form of transport. Few pics to start with. 

Lots of work done over last few years, still plenty to do but it's a real labour of love..

Based in Darlington area. 

20170511_100841.jpg

20180227_141456.jpg

20180218_151430.jpg

20170724_162017.jpg

On 10 March 2018 at 4:45 PM, MitchE39 said:

Thanks chaps, like a tinder selfie there lurks a few flaws but to be expected for a 14+ year old car. 

Welcome! I very nearly read that last sentence very badly lol ;) 

nice car! 

I have owned several E39 M5s and am a huge fan - particularly the late 02/03 cars.

One of the finest vehicles BMW have ever made imho.......

I would have to agree, this is however my first BMW, previously Ford Rs, and a Seat LCR mixed in the middle of the ford's. I seem to have bought a good one, engine is quiet,  Interior is in excellent condition. I'm busy addressing suspension, brakes including refurbished calipers and new hoses, fluids all round, new pusher fan, steering wheel retrim etc. Next up is bodywork- could do with front and rear bumpers tidying up, sills tidying, Jacking points are strong. I'll deal with hidden rust under subframe and all plastic covers while paintwork is being addressed. All roundels and shadow line trim to be replaced.. I could go on but you guys know this already. 

Thank you Richard, it took some time to find too,  close to 18 months scouring the web. Its a June 2002 build, August 2003 registration. 

Wow, that hung about at a dealership for a while then. Fantastic cars, but they do take some looking after to keep them at their best.