badwhip

anyway to make the intravee to display in the cluster?

anyway to have the intravee display in the cluster and be controlled with some button to confirm a settings? ill be switching to the dynavin and would like to beable to change some settings. the v1 i bus interface works that way. otherwise i’ll leave the intravee and keep stock radio and plug it in if i need to make changes. anything else i have to do to keep intravee working when radio is absent?

if that means hooking a pc up to the intravee yes that can be done but not a fun option for me even though most options on the intravee are set and forget.

wirh the v1 valentine interface you can change all there option from the steering wheel buttons and using the cluster display. so i thought it be cool to have that kind of intergration with the intravee. with just the common features to turn in and off. i wish the dynavin people got with richard and this intergration they would sell more because of this.

oh yea, definitely for the set/forget options -- which I am mostly interested in. I think I only use the customized blinking and lock/unlock light sequence.

what else were you looking to set?

some times it’s nice to change up the lights when you unlock the car. and change unlock features from time to time and the auto flip of the mirrors

Hi,

The Intravee unit won't interface with aftermarket head units in the way you're both thinking/wanting. I'm perhaps 99.5% sure there'll not be any custom development for the software to try and make it do this either. If you buy the 'Avin Avant 3' then that comes with the Resler Interface so you can get the inexpensive OBC app installed and get the OBC functions that way. I think the Dynavin has it's own 'operating system' so the same setup might not work. The mass of other cheap chinese clone type head units running android should be able to work with the Resler Interface/iBus app - just be aware of the potential issues/problems that plague these kinds of units. 

You can connect the Intravee to the car and access it's functions via a laptop, so that's still an option. Lastly, I don't think there'd be any development work to have the Intravee drive and display on the instrument cluster directly either. 

Haven't heard/seen Richard for a while now both here on the forum and in real life as see him at evants/shows etc. I expect he's busy on other projects :). He'll confirm 100% if there will be any easy ways to achieve the above and/or any custom development work and if there is, then disregard the above!

Cheers, Dennis!

Edited by DennisCooper

well i bought the dynavin and love it and still have the intravee running in the background. the idea i was trying to see if it was possible was beable to turn some of the features on and off via the cluster like the valentine one interfaces does. i figure this could be a possibility since the other device does it for its settings. i want the best of both worlds.