Hey,

I am currently on the look out for a 540i Touring, though I have spotted this saloon. Seems expensive but looks great in the pics. 

Though is this a Champagne model? The centre console is black and the wood seems too dark?

What are your thoughts?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/bmw/2003-bmw-540i-auto-sport-champagne-edition-ii/1289205919

Hi,

As per above, the UK only limited edition Champagne 1 & 2 were based on the 530i. If indeed there had been 10 540i examples done, they'd have been discussed many times and would be extremely sought after ! Sounds as though the seller is one of those chancer types and making up incorrect information in order to make the car he's selling appear something special in order to con an unsuspecting potential buyer. 

The car itself 'might' be a good one, so perhaps look at it and give it a thorough lookover then perhaps negotiate lower once it's pointed out there's no such 540i Champagane edition ...  and perhaps try to keep actual interaction with the seller at a minimum!

Cheers, Dennis!

Hey,

thats what I thought. It’s the same seller that had a very nice 540i touring for sale recently. I’ll leave this one alone I think.

The world is full of twatting bullshit artists... Just a shame other folk fall foul to them :(:x