Hamedly

Full option 535d 2010

all those options are not really worth anything in real life terms. 

Plus all that spec but only hi-fi sound which is pants would keep me away. Considering you can get an LCI M Sport Plus which has all the options you need imo with less miles, from a dealer for less money, this will shift no time soon

6 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Plus all that spec but only hi-fi sound which is pants would keep me away.

It could well have every option going, but as soon as I see the letters S and E, I'm not the slightest bit interested. 

18 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Pus all that spec but only hi-fi sound which is pants would keep me away. 

Dunno, its a lot easier to leapfrog the so so HK system by doing a proper upgrade to the advanced hi-fi option. There are some fantastic drop in amp options which are much more tricky if you are on the MOST based systems. Wouldn't put me off at all. 

4 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Dunno, its a lot easier to leapfrog the so so HK system by doing a proper upgrade to the advanced hi-fi option. There are some fantastic drop in amp options which are much more tricky if you are on the MOST based systems. Wouldn't put me off at all. 

A properly tuned HK in an F10 is one of the better factory sound systems I've heard in a car that does not cost as much as a new Dacia, wouldn't call it "so so"

Unfortunately this one doesn't have the DIRAC professional hifi option before HK replaced it on the face-lift. To my ears better for the money as ive lived with both for 3 years each - given how much these upgrades cost oem there ought to be features like a parametric eq as standard. The wife's free base VW system does pretty well in comparison especially when you factor the far better support for digital sources.

Edited by SuperDave

12 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Unfortunately this one doesn't have the DIRAC professional hifi option before HK replaced it on the face-lift. To my ears better for the money as ive lived with both for 3 years each - given how much these upgrades cost oem there ought to be features like a parametric eq as standard. The wife's free base VW system does pretty well in comparison especially when you factor the far better support for digital sources.

The vw sounds better than HK?

12 hours ago, SuperDave said:

How many audio options were there on the facelift F10

On 3/9/2018 at 9:46 AM, Piper said:

The vw sounds better than HK?

No, but the HK doesn't sound £900 better than than the VW, and with the better android support on VW some might says its more desirable overall as a result despite being far cheaper. The basic vw system I've heard craps on the base level BMW system from some height however.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:47 AM, Piper said:

How many audio options were there on the facelift F10

Basic (Head unit power only, no amp, two mid-bass floor speakers, two front door mids, two rear speakers.  No tweeters. There are meant to be BMW Business and Professional head units but I don't know if there's much difference in output)

BMW Advanced (Amp and 12 speakers)

Harmon Kardon (DSP Amp and 16/17 speakers)

Individual Audio (No idea how it was set up)

On 10/03/2018 at 9:25 PM, SuperDave said:

No, but the HK doesn't sound £900 better than than the VW, and with the better android support on VW some might says its more desirable overall as a result despite being far cheaper. The basic vw system I've heard craps on the base level BMW system from some height however.

Basic (Head unit power only, no amp, two mid-bass floor speakers, two front door mids, two rear speakers.  No tweeters. There are meant to be BMW Business and Professional head units but I don't know if there's much difference in output)

BMW Advanced (Amp and 12 speakers)

Harmon Kardon (DSP Amp and 16/17 speakers)

Individual Audio (No idea how it was set up)

Four levels, like the e60. Don't think team 2nd level on the e60 had an amp...

Edited by Piper