golfpaul

Resetting warning messages - wont work

Hi all.

Not long had a 530d and trying to reset the service messages, brake pads etc.

Im following the tutorial, but when i hold the odometer reset and release, it just displays the date and time, and not the symbols of the brake pads etc.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, golfpaul said:

That's what the missus says...

I'm holding until the warning triangle appears, then releasing.

Just shows the date/time, no symbols.

You should press the BC Check button on the stalk until you get date/year in the triangle window, then push and hold the reset counter button to access the service menu. This method always work.

Edit: Ignition on (Engine off)

Edited by jake13

Just tried this again and it's doing the same thing...

Ignition on

BC until time appears.

Hold reset counter, warning triangle appears, then goes back to time...

God knows! 

Don't let go until you see the CBS items. I can't be arsed to go outside and check, but i think you need to keep the button down a little longer. 

Have you tried keeping the button down after the date appears? If you watch my video again, you can see the date briefly appears after the warning triangle, before it moves onto the CBS items. 

Sorry to keep reviving this, but i just cannot get this to work.

When i press the button the triangle appears for a few seconds followed by the date, if i continue to hold for a few seconds some random digits and possibly german writing appear.

So to summarise.

Shut door - ignition on (engine off) - reset any warnings (low air temp/low fuel etc) - BC until date appears - press and hold odometer reset button - warning triangle appears for a few seconds - DATE AND TIME THEN APPEAR - IF I CONTINUE TO HOLD I GET RANDOM GERMAN WRITING.

This should be so simple so cannot understand where im going wrong?!

Anyone?

You are missing a brief pause in between. IIRC; firstly tap the button to reset the trip meter. Then find the item you want to reset, press and hold for 2 second(?) briefly release (finger quickly on/off the button) then re-hold. 

Edited by dj1233

You scroll through the menu on the dash; brake pad sensor/ service/ car inspection/ brake fluid etc . . . . did you watch the above videos and see the different items you get when scrolling through?

Yes, but you say:

firstly tap the button to reset the trip meter. Then find the item you want to reset.

that doesn't make sense, as after taping the button to reset, you then hold the button to get the warning message?!

Well, I'm admitting defeat on this.

Have tried numerous times and it's just not having it.

Is it possible that the warnings need resetting by a dealer, or someone with the software?

Ta.

First one is body check over service 

2nd is all the options that need resetting - brakes are ok

this video is how you reset it. As i mentioned above, you can press the button to scroll through the menu and find each item that needs resetting.

Tried it, it just won't work for me.

After the warning triangle, instead of showing the warning icons, it goes back to the date - I can't get any further than that.