6 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Intresting start to the new week.

Just been informed that the new car will be ready for delivery / collection from 2nd May - a week on Wednesday - last update from the dealer on the 16th April suggested 2nd July.

Clearly the approach is ‘manage expectations’ and then over perform against those expectations. I’ve really no idea how this can be possible but I’m certainly not complaining. 

8 Sleeps and counting....

Nice one, my car is awaiting transportation from Southampton up to Newcastle (it’s due up here on 1st May), then I need to wait for the lease company to allow the dealership to deliver it to me.

Looks like the race is on then - suspect you’ll win mines not due in the dealer until tomorrow by all accounts. What the heck are they moving yours on a steam engine, surely it can’t take a week to transport it from Soton to Newcastle? Sounds like that may have both come over on the same boat from Breamerhaven. :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Looks like the race is on then - suspect you’ll win mines not due in the dealer until tomorrow by all accounts. What the heck are they moving yours on a steam engine, surely it can’t take a week to transport it from Soton to Newcastle? Sounds like that may have both come over on the same boat from Breamerhaven. :rolleyes:

No it’s sounds like you are the winner here mate, like I say mine is being transported by a snail and isn’t due up here until 1st May and then it’s over to the lease company to decide when they will actually allow me to have the car. I expect it will be another few weeks before I finally get my hands on the keys

34 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Really what do they have to do once it gets to the dealer then? 

The dealer does nothing out of the ordinary, ie, a PDI inspection, but the lease company only allow deliver of cars to take place at certain points throughout the month and usually have to wait for the availability of a BVLA guy to come and check my existing car etc. Last time I had to wait for 3 weeks just for a time slot. Very frustrating.

22 hours ago, AdamBell said:

The dealer does nothing out of the ordinary, ie, a PDI inspection, but the lease company only allow deliver of cars to take place at certain points throughout the month and usually have to wait for the availability of a BVLA guy to come and check my existing car etc. Last time I had to wait for 3 weeks just for a time slot. Very frustrating.

Frustrating indeed almost takes as long as the build process......

I’ve been sent the reg. number along with an electronic hand-over pack comprising of ‘helpful’ videos and the like. It getting more real and exciting by the day. 

7 Sleeps and counting........

9 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Frustrating indeed almost takes as long as the build process......

I’ve been sent the reg. number along with an electronic hand-over pack comprising of ‘helpful’ videos and the like. It getting more real and exciting by the day. 

7 Sleeps and counting........

I heard from BMW genius today that my car has left Southampton and is due to be delivered to the dealership this afternoon. I’ve not had a chance to check today so that’s on my agenda for tomorrow.

fingers crossed I can get the lease company to execute a quick turnaround

image.jpeg.6336e519b38bd4f9fc566fd74f00e66b.jpeg

21 minutes ago, AdamBell said:

I heard from BMW genius today that my car has left Southampton and is due to be delivered to the dealership this afternoon. I’ve not had a chance to check today so that’s on my agenda for tomorrow.

fingers crossed I can get the lease company to execute a quick turnaround

Ah see you may get there before me after all....

Anybody attempted to add a vehicle to BMW Connect Prior to taking delivery? I have both VIN number and Reg but when I enter on the portal I get an error message stating it is not possible to add this vehicle......image.png.0b416d296d55baff3c02315e725b2e57.png 

Wouldn’t be much use anyway. To fully add you will need to go into vehicles messages and enter 6 digit code received in car. It expires within 4 hours. Will not shown anything until that confirmation step is done

4 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

image.jpeg.6336e519b38bd4f9fc566fd74f00e66b.jpeg

Ah see you may get there before me after all....

Anybody attempted to add a vehicle to BMW Connect Prior to taking delivery? I have both VIN number and Reg but when I enter on the portal I get an error message stating it is not possible to add this vehicle......image.png.0b416d296d55baff3c02315e725b2e57.png 

You can download the manual for your using the vin, on the BMW drivers guide app.

11 hours ago, sjak92 said:

Wouldn’t be much use anyway. To fully add you will need to go into vehicles messages and enter 6 digit code received in car. It expires within 4 hours. Will not shown anything until that confirmation step is done

Yep so I've discovered and quite right too. If it was just the VIN and Reg it wouldn't be very secure :unsure: as both of these are visible for most cars........

Had it confirmed today, I collect my car from the dealership on Monday afternoon.

its going to be a long weekend waiting for Monday.

2 hours ago, AdamBell said:

Had it confirmed today, I collect my car from the dealership on Monday afternoon.

There you go - 48 hours ahead of me. I suspect Monday and Tuesday will be long days ( for me not you). But two happy Beemer drivers come Wednesday. Post some pics once you get a chance. What’s your spec? Soz if you’ve already stated.

For years I’ve never understood why when you want to open the bonnet you pull a lever inside the car and then have to go to the bonnet and fiddle about trying to find the ‘secondary’ release which is often (well in my case) dirty and covered in road grime.

No more, pull the internal release twice and lift the bonnet - simples:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

There you go - 48 hours ahead of me. I suspect Monday and Tuesday will be long days ( for me not you). But two happy Beemer drivers come Wednesday. Post some pics once you get a chance. What’s your spec? Soz if you’ve already stated.

I had to take delivery by the end of the month or due to the stupid rules in place with my lease company I’d have to wait until after the 15th which I simply wasn’t willing to do.

my car is a 520d XDrive M Sport, in Mediterranean blue, black Dakota leather with blue stitching and the M motif, M sport plus pack, split folding rear seats, enhanced Bluetooth, WiFi connection.

nothing extravagant but I’m really excited all the same.

I will take a few pics once I get back home on Monday evening and post them for you as well as my initial thoughts.

What spec have you gone for?

Our cars were clearly mates on the trip over from Germany hahaha

Edited by AdamBell

Spec below.

A great company car scheme makes the list of options possible and 30k miles a year means it is also a mobile office - that's my excuse honest :rolleyes:

BMW 540i xDrive M Sport Saloon, 

Exterior - Bluestone, Wheels - Style 664M Black Alloys with Run Flats,

Interior - Ivory White Leather with Aluminum Rhombicle trim,

Driving assistant plus, Parking assistant plus, Electronic damper controls,

Loudspeaker system H&K surround sound, Comfort access,

Air conditioning automatic with four-zone control,

Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging, Soft-close doors,

Sun protection glass, Exterior folding mirrors, Split rear seats,

Front and rear heated seats, Display key, Headlight wash,

Universal remote control, Gesture control, High beam assistant

Remote services

Yes it looks like both cars travelled together, assume you are now counting down the hours :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Spec below.

A great company car scheme makes the list of options possible and 30k miles a year means it is also a mobile office - that's my excuse honest :rolleyes:

BMW 540i xDrive M Sport Saloon, 

Exterior - Bluestone, Wheels - Style 664M Black Alloys with Run Flats,

Interior - Ivory White Leather with Aluminum Rhombicle trim,

Driving assistant plus, Parking assistant plus, Electronic damper controls,

Loudspeaker system H&K surround sound, Comfort access,

Air conditioning automatic with four-zone control,

Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging, Soft-close doors,

Sun protection glass, Exterior folding mirrors, Split rear seats,

Front and rear heated seats, Display key, Headlight wash,

Universal remote control, Gesture control, High beam assistant

Remote services

Yes it looks like both cars travelled together, assume you are now counting down the hours :rolleyes:

Nice spec! Just make sure you’ve got plenty of leather cleaner, especially if you wear jeans! 

I opted for for black leather in mine for that reason alone, even though the Ivory looks SO good.

1 hour ago, Back2Beemer said:

Nice spec! Just make sure you’ve got plenty of leather cleaner, especially if you wear jeans! 

I opted for for black leather in mine for that reason alone, even though the Ivory looks SO good.

Truth is I’ve had light brown black and red leather seats over the years they all looked great when the car was new they all looked their age when I handed the car back - they all made the car interior darker than I would have liked. These will be ivory and the jeans issue may or may not be true but the car will be brighter inside and while I’m sitting in the seats their colour doesn’t matter, when I’m not sitting on the seats their colour still doesn’t matter because I’m not in the car. Hay ho.....

On 26/04/2018 at 5:03 PM, AdamBell said:

Good luck for your collection tomorrow morning - I suspect this will have been / is one of the longest weekend's you've experienced for a while lol :P.

Get some pictures up once you have got back home and most importantly enjoy.....

8 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Good luck for your collection tomorrow morning - I suspect this will have been / is one of the longest weekend's you've experienced for a while lol :P.

Get some pictures up once you have got back home and most importantly enjoy.....

Cheers buddy, yes it’s been a long weekend. I probably won’t sleep tonight now lol.

i will post a few photos tomorrow as soon as I get a chance.

20 hours ago, AdamBell said:

Cheers buddy, yes it’s been a long weekend. I probably won’t sleep tonight now lol.

i will post a few photos tomorrow as soon as I get a chance.

How did the collection go then and how is your new beast?

Did the dealer make it a memorable

‘handover’ - flowers champagne umbrellas and floor matts or did they throw you the keys and wave goodbye? 

4 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

How did the collection go then and how is your new beast?

Did the dealer make it a memorable

‘handover’ - flowers champagne umbrellas and floor matts or did they throw you the keys and wave goodbye? 

The collection didn’t exactly go to plan due to a mixup between my employer and the lease company, but I got it sorted.

When I did collect the car it was a fairly standard experience in all honesty, no flowers or champagne but I expected that with it being a lease car.

That being said it was a very professional and detailed handover.

My first impressions are summarised by one word, WOW.

I personally love the spec I’ve gone for and think it looks awesome.

This is the only photo I have at the minute but will get more when I’m out in the car next.

28BE6B63-BDD6-4D83-AD8A-DF0E2E1D6522.jpeg

Edited by AdamBell

1 hour ago, AdamBell said:

The collection didn’t exactly go to plan due to a mixup between my employer and the lease company, but I got it sorted.

When I did collect the car it was a fairly standard experience in all honesty, no flowers or champagne but I expected that with it being a lease car.

That being said it was a very professional and detailed handover.

My first impressions are summarised by one word, WOW.

I personally love the spec I’ve gone for and think it looks awesome.

This is the only photo I have at the minute but will get more when I’m out in the car next.

28BE6B63-BDD6-4D83-AD8A-DF0E2E1D6522.jpeg

Looks fab mate - the black shadow line versus chrome sets the blue off really well. Wheels look good, get some protection on them before you start to cover them in brake dust !! Enjoy it and post up some more pics when you get the chance - can't wait until Wed:o it just won't come soon enough.........

I suspect you are right with regards to the handover and company cars and lease cars.

Having said that the only time I got the 'royal treatment' was with the Audi last time around when they covered it in a big cloth and did a 'grand reveal' and threw in a set of rubber floor matts, which I thought was mad at the time, that said when we've gone out on the bikes and got well and truly covered in mud, I've been really glad of them rather than the plush ones on the way home !! . :P 

Enjoy it and keep us updated with progress over the next couple of days. I'll not get back until late on Wed but will post up some photo's of mine once I get the chance.......

2 Sleeps and counting or more precisely 37 hours and 5 minutes lol :)

Edited by BacktoBeemer
Correcting typo....