1 hour ago, Steveo1 said:

To me the main option you’ve pick is the 3L petrol engine it’s a peach hope you enjoy it as much as I’m enjoying my 3L F11. 

I hope so too, having had a good play in the demonstrator over the last week, it will certainly hold it's own against the S5, gets there as quick bit with a little more elegance :lol: I do enjoy the extras debate and hearing the variety of views. My boy would never forgive me if I didn't let him have a warm seat and be able to control his temperature.

3 hours ago, carrman said:

Surely residual values are much lower though - bumping up the monthly price?

For this reason  the  7 is not available on my scheme.

They can’t sell them second hand for a decent price.

Missed the fact that these are business leases.

Like for like a 730d M Sport and 530d M Sport will have minimal monthly difference last time I spoke to the dealer

16 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

Other than that, I'd say as you're going for comfort seats you may as well got for nappa, it totally changes the feel of the interior. It might also be worth seeing if you can get a deal on the MPPSK, the standard acceleration is okay but I thought it would feel quicker, 10% more torque would be well worth having.

Have you selected comfort seats?

28 minutes ago, BRB said:

Have you selected comfort seats?

No these aren't on the options list, as I actually prefer the Sport Seats - personal preference but I feel they support better.

Edited by BacktoBeemer
typo

11 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

No these aren't on the options list, as I actually prefer the Sport Seats - personal preference but I feel they support better.

My fault, I misread comfort access. Sports seats look miles better, but after trying them I found the comfort ones significantly better. Having said that, I only bought them as it was the only way that I could get proper leather.

Edited by Johnyboy

20 minutes ago, Johnyboy said:

My fault, I misread comfort access. Sports seats look miles better, but after trying them I found the comfort ones significantly better. Having said that, I only bought them as it was the only way that I could get proper leather.

Get your point and there are certainly a variety of 'leather' upholstery that are used, I believe this is a reasonably good description of the four found in BMW and a number of other manufacturer's......

Merino Leather

Usually in M models (although not the 5 series as standard) and BMW Individual orders. This is genuine fine-grain natural leather, it is dyed with no artificial coating applied.

Nappa Leather

This is an optional upgrade for the higher-level BMW models (such as the 5, 6 and 7-Series, X5 etc). It is a full-grain, un-split semi-aniline leather with a light clear coating on top of the surface for protection. Its grain quality is not as high as the Merino leather, and it is considered to be the 2nd highest quality leather in BMW cars.

Dakota/Nevada Leather

Used on most model’s base trims. This is a lower grade leather, usually corrected-grain or even created from the split, and coated with a synthetic polymer paint. Its surface is embossed with an artificial grain.

SensaTec - Vinyl Material

Used on some lower-level models’ base trims. Previously known as the “Leatherette”, this is not a real leather material. In fact this is just a vinyl material tries to mimic the look and feel of the leather sheets. This fake leather material does not breath as good as leather, so you will feel hot after sitting on it for an extended time period. However, it wears better than Merino/Nappa leather, easier to clean and maintain, and it is not animal-based.

I have two children, a dog and a chainsaw.  We use the car for everything.  Whilst we discussed the upgrade of the leather, we felt that a more utilitarian option was best.

As has already been said, it's all about choices....  :)

3 hours ago, BRB said:

I have two children, a dog and a chainsaw.  We use the car for everything.  Whilst we discussed the upgrade of the leather, we felt that a more utilitarian option was best.

As has already been said, it's all about choices....  :)

Spot on - it's great to have it looking fab, but at the end of the day it has to be practicable, I've never upgraded the leather for that very reason.

That said, Merino leather on the comfort seats (£2,500 upgrade) would as you say change the feel of the interior, however, if I had those in my car, every time anybody got in I'd be asking them to take their shoes off and sit on a mat lol  :lol: So I'm sticking with Sports seats and the Dakota finish.

6 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

Yep BMW only offer Dakota on their Sports seats - therefore upgrading to either Merino or Nappa is expensive (£2,500) by the time you've added the comfort seats too......

23 hours ago, Johnyboy said:

As above, it's worth considering the ICON lights, I didn't get them and frankly the standard LEDs are fine, but if I were ordering again then I'd go for the fancy lights.

Other than that, I'd say as you're going for comfort seats you may as well got for nappa, it totally changes the feel of the interior. It might also be worth seeing if you can get a deal on the MPPSK, the standard acceleration is okay but I thought it would feel quicker, 10% more torque would be well worth having.

I didn't realise the MPPSK upgrade was available for the G30's in the UK yet, but see it is. £3,000 (including install) seems quite expensive for what is about a 20 BHP increase - that said comparing the exhaust with the Audi S5 it is much quieter and I guess the MPPSK takes care of that too?

The torque increase is a bit more important than the headline power, but 360PS from a turbocharged 3L engine is a bit limp - but they need to keep the power down for the markets that have 550's available at a guess. But yes the MPPSK comes with a louder exhaust and a new torque converter. Not sure I'd pay £3k for it, but if you could get a decent discount it might be worthwhile.

3 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Yep BMW only offer Dakota on their Sports seats - therefore upgrading to either Merino or Nappa is expensive (£2,500) by the time you've added the comfort seats too......

Merino starts getting v. expensive as you've got to get an extended leather pack too, so that'd probably £4k over the base price in the end. Nappa is lovely, but not a fan of the diamond pattern on the seats that it comes with, although you can't see that when you're sat in them.

On 17/03/2018 at 9:15 PM, sjak92 said:

Missed the fact that these are business leases.

Like for like a 730d M Sport and 530d M Sport will have minimal monthly difference last time I spoke to the dealer

Mine isn't and the 7 Series is significantly more expensive owing to the lower residuals....

Just over a week since the order was placed and I'm not at status 1100 (scheduled) yet - hay ho.......

So any ideas, why do some cars fly through the production process whilst others seem to take an eternity to get going?

Edited by BacktoBeemer
typo

2 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

So any adea why some cars fly through the production process whilst others seem to take an eternity to get going?

Just a guess could it be down to the spec of the car, some options maybe in short supply.

2 hours ago, Steveo1 said:

Just a guess could it be down to the spec of the car, some options maybe in short supply.

Could be down to availability I guess? I also wonder of there are set production runs scheduled and if the spec is outside that run then it means waiting for the next appropriate one?

Either way the wait continues..........:(

Dealer is still suggesting 2nd July, can't believe it takes all this time to build a car.

They need to offer those 'Dingolfing Folk' some incentives :P

My car was due into the dealership this week for delivery to me next week, I’ve just been informed it’s still at the port of exit due to a sandstorm.

Its been delayed around 3-4 weeks due to the storm. Luckily not effected to the point the car has to go back to the factory like many others that BMW has put do not deliver notices on.

9 hours ago, AdamBell said:

My car was due into the dealership this week for delivery to me next week, I’ve just been informed it’s still at the port of exit due to a sandstorm.

Its been delayed around 3-4 weeks due to the storm. Luckily not effected to the point the car has to go back to the factory like many others that BMW has put do not deliver notices on.

Who / What is your source for this information, sandstorm in Germany? Seems a tad odd (although we do get them here occasionally I guess) and the implications that some cars cannot be delivered is a bit of a worry.

9 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Who / What is your source for this information, sandstorm in Germany? Seems a tad odd (although we do get them here occasionally I guess) and the implications that some cars cannot be delivered is a bit of a worry.

My initial source was my supplying dealership then I followed it with the genius team. They shed a bit more light on the situation in that the “sandstorm” was actually to do with land reclamation that is taking place in the area and has caused some sort of issue.

i couldn’t get any further info out of them.

Well not good for those impacted - mines not made it through the factory yet ^_^ perhaps that is a good thing!

Intresting start to the new week.

Just been informed that the new car will be ready for delivery / collection from 2nd May - a week on Wednesday - last update from the dealer on the 16th April suggested 2nd July.

Clearly the approach is ‘manage expectations’ and then over perform against those expectations. I’ve really no idea how this can be possible but I’m certainly not complaining. 

8 Sleeps and counting....