Still 320d, probably won’t be back in mine before the end of this week :(

Edited by sjak92

Bollocks that's one heck of a delay.

Still at least the thieving 'tea leaves' can't nick your 5 off your drive this week.......:rolleyes:

Knock on wood but we live in a top floor apartment, allocated parking and a constabt CCTV fred onto my parking space so it’s hard to distinguish which place belongs to who without putting a real effort into research. 

That + the extra pair of doors and a “superb” guard dog in the form of a 9 month old beagle let’s me sleep easy haha

Still don't understand why they'd think that white LED(s) showing anything but white would be anything other than a faulty LED unit. Controlling them changes the intensity not the colour. :(

Edited by Boba

49 minutes ago, Boba said:

Still don't understand why they'd think that white LED(s) showing anything but white would be anything other than a faulty LED unit. Controlling them changes the intensity not the colour. :(

That makes sense, but apparently each light has 4 control units and BMW Germany suggested to start with those - I guess they are cheaper than the light unit itself 

On 8/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, sjak92 said:

That makes sense, but apparently each light has 4 control units and BMW Germany suggested to start with those - I guess they are cheaper than the light unit itself 

Are your lights sorted now then?

52 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Yup all working :) 

On 8/22/2018 at 10:17 PM, BacktoBeemer said:

No need then to reject the vehicle for a refund! Did I just type that out aloud ?

A bit of TLC for the wheels this weekend. Little doubt in my mind that the Gyeon Q2 Rim Protection applied when new makes the cleaning so much easier. I take the wheels off because it is easier on the back lol and enables me to give the wheel arches the once over as well. I suspect they won't get this treatment in winter, although I guess that is ironically when they will need it most.....1949000332_ejxNb00SQunWxj13wa8PQ.thumb.jpg.6dc8b4b534243c3692b396c4c5db1e25.jpgpo2oLt18ToSrHTemu9yT8g.thumb.jpg.7794206a95f354e3f0ab554ba4a97831.jpg

Edited by BacktoBeemer

Got to spend a bit of time behind the wheel of a new (ish) M5 at the weekend - what a beast of a car, I thought (and still think) my 540i is quick and fun but the M5 is in another league.

That said it is a hell of a hike from my well specked 540i to the £90k base M5 :o

8 hours ago, carrman said:

Rather have one of these:

AB5FCB07-7071-44F6-9D00-B36BC7861B78.jpeg.adf86f333c45b978575403ef2e67fff6.jpeg

Trust Porsche to produce a car that is almost of carbon copy of a 1966's Citroen DS didn't much like that either........

images.jpeg

Can’t remember Citroen producing a 460 bhp estate?

Believe me the Sport Turismo looks sooo much better than the “Austin Maxi” saloon model.

Edited by carrman

1 hour ago, carrman said:

Believe me the Sport Turismo looks sooo much better than the “Austin Maxi” saloon model.

I think you’ll find the price / performance makes intresting reading.....

100 bhp !

120 mph top speed !

0-60 10 secs !

£1,105 new !

Whilst the Porsche may (just ha ha) beat the first three the bonnet badge will cost more than £1,105 let alone the car.

9 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

I think you’ll find the price / performance makes intresting reading.....

100 bhp !

120 mph top speed !

0-60 10 secs !

£1,105 new !

Whilst the Porsche may (just ha ha) beat the first three the bonnet badge will cost more than £1,105 let alone the car.

That’s correct but I bet back in 1966 it wouldn’t! ;) 

even though the cost of the shitroen in today’s money is around 1/5 of the cost of the porker!

is that pork chop not a full fat turbo then? Well it mustn’t be given the low power out put! ;) 

Id have one in a heartbeat! Just out of our price range :( 

The E Hybrid - hence the reason why it is in this Company Car thread.

If course I forgot about the Turbo S E Hybrid with 680ps!

Edited by carrman

On 9/11/2018 at 9:21 PM, carrman said:

Ah the Austin Maxi I managed to miss out on the Austin range completely.......:ph34r:

Edited by BacktoBeemer