9 hours ago, Coops said:

It's a great product. 

For many a year, I jumped on every bandwagon there was going with detailing. I tried hundreds of products but got to the point where I generally didn't have the time and wanted a product I could just wipe on, then walk away. I started with Optimum OptiSeal but quickly moved to GTechniq when they were launched.

It really is that simple.

Yep there is a balance and love the car as I do, I equally have better things to do in life than pamper it the whole time - so the other half tells me anyway!  

I did the wheels with Gyeon Rim over the BH weekend so it will be intresting to see how that fairs, think I’ll try the GTechniq for the body work. Already managed to pick up a couple of minor stone chips on the front lower bumper so the quicker I can get some additional protection on the better......

Can't hurt but I don't think that a sub micron hard coating will protect much against stone chipping though. I think it would need something thicker and much more resilient.

23 minutes ago, Boba said:

Can't hurt but I don't think that a sub micron hard coating will protect much against stone chipping though. I think it would need something thicker and much more resilient.

No fair point perhaps I should give it a coat of yacht varnish or slap some tar on it....... :rolleyes:

What was the outcome of the menu vote by the three wolves and the lamb?

Bad Day At the Office - well on route anyway. Never mind the pot holes most of which / many of which / the majority of which you can see and avoid, far worse is grit and stones chucked up from the vehicle in front - and before anyone suggests otherwise I thought I was leaving an adequate gap - i.e. max on the active cruise control which simple seems to invite the 'tosser drivers' to jump into it........

The first one of what I expect will be a few over the next 3 years, what ever it was appears to have struck the chrome and then hit the bonnet. The state of our roads is shite Grrrrrr............ :angry:

fullsizeoutput_1d58.jpeg

@jake13 thanks 'fix it' think it will need a bit more that a touch up stick for it to look ok :D, and how easy of this paint protection film to apply - sounds like unless done professionally I end end with something looking worse than a chipped bonnet.............

1 minute ago, BacktoBeemer said:

@jake13 thanks 'fix it' think it will need a bit more that a touch up stick for it to look ok :D, and how easy of this paint protection film to apply - sounds like unless done professionally I end end with something looking worse than a chipped bonnet.............

I think they charge £25 for stone chip smart repair. PPF is done by pros.

21 minutes ago, jake13 said:

I think they charge £25 for stone chip smart repair. PPF is done by pros.

Who’s ‘they’ BMW or ANOther???? 

Didn't think Beemer dealt in such small amounts:D

50 minutes ago, BacktoBeemer said:

@Coops you have got to be joking what the f**k is that...... :o

Bonnet bra fella!

No more stone chips......................

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, BacktoBeemer said:

Bad Day At the Office - well on route anyway. Never mind the pot holes most of which / many of which / the majority of which you can see and avoid, far worse is grit and stones chucked up from the vehicle in front - and before anyone suggests otherwise I thought I was leaving an adequate gap - i.e. max on the active cruise control which simple seems to invite the 'tosser drivers' to jump into it........

The first one of what I expect will be a few over the next 3 years, what ever it was appears to have struck the chrome and then hit the bonnet. The state of our roads is shite Grrrrrr............ :angry:

fullsizeoutput_1d58.jpeg

I've got one to on the lower part of the front air dam. Its only small but I see it every time I wash the beast. I feel your pain, you are not alone !

54 minutes ago, Andrew530dmsport said:

I've got one to on the lower part of the front air dam. Its only small but I see it every time I wash the beast. I feel your pain, you are not alone !

I find that in a queue, even one bar distance on the active cruise is an ever open door to those who think I am not going to drive straight into them as they fail to indicate and slide into the gap.. and I just try and avoid looking at my stonechips 

@Monkeyfinger @Andrew530dmsport Thanks both. The approach of not looking at the stone chips whilst washing is not going to be easy but alas necessary. The suggestion of the 3M or Xpel Paint Protection film is something I'm going to look into not sure of cost etc and I'll want the chip or chips sorting first but...... 

I suspect it isn't just the vehicles in front throwing up grit and the like, single carriageway road with f'in big dirty lorries heading in the opposite direction chuck out a fair amount of road crap too.

As for the active cruise - it really does show quite how poor UK driving standards are, not only do you get the idiots who think nothing of pulling into the gap often after they have switched from the outside lane to inside and completed the undertake, but also those sitting in the outside lane doing 60mph who don't move over because your not on their tail flashing the lights.........

Hay ho if you hear of anything relating to the Paint Protection film let me know.

Thanks again both...

Anybody in hard water areas experimented with water softeners to remove the minerals and allow the car to dry by itself without white deposits?

Edited by BacktoBeemer

On 2/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, sjak92 said:

Harman Kardon very nice once broken in and equalised correctly. 

Did I imagine it or did you share your H&K settings in a post at some point - I can’t seem to get it right, perhaps I’m tone deaf lol :rolleyes: Can you share again if you did? I guess it is a personal task thing but if I start by mirroring your’s then at least  I’ll understand what you think ‘good’ sounds like.

1 hour ago, BacktoBeemer said:

Did I imagine it or did you share your H&K settings in a post at some point - I can’t seem to get it right, perhaps I’m tone deaf lol :rolleyes: Can you share again if you did? I guess it is a personal task thing but if I start by mirroring your’s then at least  I’ll understand what you think ‘good’ sounds like.

Think i've tweaked it since. Bass and treble turned up more and sound still clear so there is defo an improvement over time. Try this for now (surround turned off) ill post my current one tomorrow :)

BE461929-4E7A-4196-8D79-A1E87823CB58.jpeg.bbc859afe30bdc012851e419ec2f9928.jpg

21 hours ago, BacktoBeemer said:

@sjak92 thanks I’ll compare and replicate tomorrow. 

Current one. For my ears, much fuller than the prior settings :)

9A4A17AC-9BC3-4A25-8993-C8D3763803E8.jpeg

On 6/11/2018 at 7:52 PM, Hurly_Dog said:

I tried one of the in-line gadgets but it didn't last very long. The best thing I've found so far is to use the water from a rainwater butt. No more white spots...

Yep I've heard of the rainwater trick, we're surrounded by trees and the water in the butts looks far from clean - think I'm going to need to explore some for of filter system because this has got to be the best option going forward and its free :rolleyes:

Edited by BacktoBeemer