Sign in to follow this  
5SPORT

Lane Departure Camera

Thought I'd post it here as it's a bit quiet on the 7 series section:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm struggling to get this blooming thing re calibrated after cocking about with the other cameras recently. Question I have is, for the initial part of the calibration is it better to be driving the car or stationary?

I've also lost the road speed limits as well so am guessing they will all come back once sorted.

Just want an idea on the best way to re calibrate from someone who may have already done it using ISTA?

Thanks in advance.

I used ISTA on mine, followed the guide that stated for the 1st part to walk across the front of the car a few times so obviously stationary!

I did that and it went to stage 2 where it said to go for a drive, as soon as I got onto a road that let me go fast enough I had the arrows back on the dash within 5 minutes and it was sorted.

Edited by GoNz0

Yeah done exactly that but I'm not getting the arrows and then after around 10 mins or so of driving it says 'failed to calibrate' etc.

I'll try it again over the weekend as it was pissing down with hail at the time of driving but based on what you've said it's as simple as the ISTA process states pretty much.

The OP was just to ensure that there was no other quirks/tricks involved in the setup.

You need a good road for it to calibrate, if you can find something with lines each side or a bright sunny day like I did on the newish bypass, I think when I hit the bypass it took seconds to show the arrows. Has the OP checked for dirt on the lens or the glass where it sits?

Edited by GoNz0

Mine had got the typical residue you get on the inside if you don't clean it for months, the cover is vented so it doesn't stop air blowing into the camera area, once I took the mirror off to gain access the camera slid out upwards, push the 2 metal tags back toward the glass to make the refit snug. If you have to get the surround off warm it up 1st as the butcher who did the windscreen used a screwdriver and broke tags.

Still trying to sort this...The few times I've managed to get the local speed limit info up on my HUD it disappears the next time I start the car. I now get a kafas camera twisted error on ista which looks as though it will have to be a camera out job.

Trouble is, I'm nervous about undoing the rear view mirror and the casing to get to it...wish me luck!

Took off the rear view camera cover and it looks as though the camera was not clipped into it's holder properly, so now I'm in the process of turning the screw that is spring loaded, half a turn when i drive the car with my laptop (ISTA) in the process of calibrating the bugger. It's being a right PITA to sort, this, to look at, simple thing...

KAFAS camera vertically twisted is the continuing message i get every time, after I've calibrated it and tried driving for 5 mins hoping that the road speed limit will eventually appear on the HUD. Starting to worry about how many times i can go on deleting the error codes due to hardware/chip limitations??

Finally got it sorted. Because the camera had come out of it's housing and the fact that the screw adjuster wasn't set correctly, it took many attempts and a couple of months to finally find the sweet spot. I now have the speed limit showing correctly in the HUD and the lane departure feature working normally

I used my lane departure system once, just to see if it worked and that was it.

I suppose if i did lots of motorway miles i'd use it, but to be fair with todays traffic i just need an alarm clock to wake me up after 10 minutes on the off chance the traffic ahead has moved 10 feet :rolleyes: