Sign in to follow this  
Big Will

New e34 525iX owner

Hi there. I've posted a few times already and appreciate what a great resource this forum is. I come from the Volvo enthusiast world (specifically 850/70 series cars) but am excited to learn more about the e34s.

I recently found an e34 525iX touring with an 09/94 production date. It has fairly low miles for its age and is in great shape cosmetically. The car was off the road for some years and needed a few items replaced to be in good form but everything is in order now and at a good "stage 0" in terms of maintenance. As it needed new front shocks, I took the opportunity to install the "sport" suspension and corresponding springs. I think the stance is actually well-matched to the normal height iX SLS rear suspension.

Unfortunately on my drive home, the car began to have a starting problem as the DME was failing. That was an adventure!

525iX_detailed4_blurred.thumb.jpg.efe0be5d162c2c6b5a76fe3751e081ce.jpg

525iX_detailed2_blurred.thumb.jpg.81ea4bfca0f49c8b56028d76797c5a4b.jpg525iX_detailed3.thumb.JPG.7fbf037ed16ae78e1340cbf263877be5.JPG

Nice looking wagon there Will. Sports Seats with Arm Rests and Birds Eye Maple Trim, definitely the connoisseur's choice. ;)

C.

Manual too 8)

I liked mine very much and had thoughts of an alpina allrad replica and building a 2.8 or 3.0 motor for it but didn't keep it long enough for it to get beyond idle musings.

I've gone to great lengths for manual gearboxes even importing the proper one from Sweden for my V70 AWD and then swapping it in as the AWDs were only available as automatics in the U.S.  ;)

(These days I'm in Germany)

An Alpina Allrad replica would be pretty neat. I've seen a few originals for sale in Switzerland but their prices are either sky high or the car is in quite a state of need.

Cableguy - thanks for the name of the wood trim! I've wondered what the correct name was for it.