Kit

Updated my stereo with a factory look.

Hello.

As a man who likes the factory look I wanted to replace the after market stereo that came with my late 90’s Touring. 

But I wanted Bluetooth so went on a mission to find something that felt right. 

In the end found a Continental unit and had it shipped from Germany. Apart from having the silver surround on the volume knob painted black (I’m that picky) it fitted right in.

Search ‘Continental bluetooth car radio’ and some options will come up if you fancy turning your e34 into a massive phone.

Thought I’d post incase your looking for something similar. Sounds great too!

Kit

3C1E5938-6C00-4705-B105-23E52959BFC0.jpeg

3 hours ago, The Flying Banana said:

almost Nakamichi looking

Ha! Ha! I've still got a TD1200 mk2 in the E30 but havent got anything left to play on it :unsure:

Was unsure what to replace it with It. That Continental looks good but if you still need CD then it looks a bit busy. I was thinking about the Blaupunkt 440bt which seems to be the only other plain OEM looking one out there but that Continental looks the best and I was wondering how needed CD is these days. 

If there was an easy way to put a red filter on the backlight it would be proper OEM

6 hours ago, olly22n said:

Overall thoughts on the Bluetooth and the hands free performance?

i love my Becker but I need hands free 

Bluetooth works well, as long as your device has Bluetooth turned on before the stereo turns on it connects almost instantly.

No trouble talking on the move.

Feels well made generally. Only issue is the person that fitted it for me (bit of wiring needed to be tidied up after some bad work by the previous owner) probably didn’t connect the wire that lights up the buttons. Only the screen lights up (a sort of orange). 

Does not stick too far out the dash either.

Thanks

Kit

you can spec these up how ever you want with or without a CD player. Lists it all on ebay.  I've been thinking about one and getting into this century and off CDs! for my my E30 as it has a nakamich head unit with a broken CD player and i want something that looks nice and period. Maybe two if they're that good for the e34 aswell!

So i bought one of these and it was broken out the box, so sent that back and took the route i always should have taken, and bought a becker grand prix.

On 14/03/2018 at 12:50 PM, olly22n said:

So i bought one of these and it was broken out the box, so sent that back and took the route i always should have taken, and bought a becker grand prix.

Nice! You got the GP installed yet? Happy with it?

I recently picked up a Becker Cascade for mine, but not got round to fitted it yet.

20 hours ago, olly22n said:

Fitting it this weekend - nice work on the cascade!!

Did you get the remote for iPod cable with yours? I'm trying to see if I can figure out a way to stream audio to it from my phone via spotify...

That would be the ideal, modern functionality with classic looks.