Vlady

7-seat MPV views and opinions

I'm running a Toyota estima 2.4 7 speed mk3

8 seats and all the toys

even 4wd

super reliable and sticks to the road

10k gets you into a nice one

Thinking outside the box... Have you considered finding a low mileage W124 Estate with the 7 Seat option. They're built like tanks, the six cylinder cars will do enormous mileages if serviced regularly and you will have almost zero depreciation as they become more and more sought after. Bonus is they look super cool too. ;)

C.5a8ea7cfbf5e7_W1247.jpg.8b724e1e0ca299e0fe64098793f7f480.jpg

18 hours ago, bmwtransit said:

How about a Volvo XC90?

Expensive to buy (new shape) and expensive to road tax it (old shape).

2 hours ago, cableguy said:

Thinking outside the box... Have you considered finding a low mileage W124 Estate with the 7 Seat option. They're built like tanks, the six cylinder cars will do enormous mileages if serviced regularly and you will have almost zero depreciation as they become more and more sought after. Bonus is they look super cool too. ;)

C.5a8ea7cfbf5e7_W1247.jpg.8b724e1e0ca299e0fe64098793f7f480.jpg

Love W124! So classy! I would hate to find a car like this and then do short runs in it in everyday driving, big bills to come as well! Anyway, not for wife and kids! 

We also need a bigger seats at the back.

I like your thinking out of box thing though! ;)

18 hours ago, //M3 said:

I'm running a Toyota estima 2.4 7 speed mk3

8 seats and all the toys

even 4wd

super reliable and sticks to the road

10k gets you into a nice one

I don't think I even know a car like this! I had to Google it! :)

Are they not called Previa in continent?

Today we took VW Sharan for a test drive, it was 1.4TSI DSG, I just wanted to test a petrol in this size car. I was nicely surprised, it's not incredibly fast but adequate enough with 3 adults on board plus the cat had only 25miles on the clock so the engine is not run in yet. It was comfortable, quite and very easy to drive, I could say even nimble (city speeds), you sit high, dash board screwed together very well and lay out is typical VW, to be honest I was nicely surprised! 

With all the fuss about the diesel nowadays I am thinking about petrol, especially my wife drives a lot but very short distances so may be petrol is better, oh God, I don't know what to do! :(

I understand that for such a big car diesel is better but....

Well, I am planning to test drive tomorrow Sharan 2.0Tdi and may be check a Ford S-Max 2.0Tdi.

All the VW and Ford's which have been mentioned are nice to drive. I also enjoy driving Citroën Picasso 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, nealpina said:

All the VW and Ford's which have been mentioned are nice to drive. I also enjoy driving Citroën Picasso 

My wife told me no to French car, I suggested Citroen but the answer was no. I do not trust French cars myself, I had a Renault Laguna a few years (like 10 years ago) ago and it was shit.

Thanks for suggestion nealpina.

We test drove yesterday Sharan 2.0TDi, it feels a bot faster than 1.4TSI but slightly louder and of course a bit more economical.

Well, while we were waiting in the show room my wife spotted a new Touran that she very much liked in SEL form so we are considering this one now but not many on the market yet with engine gearbox combo I would like so we might even go new, especially Arnold Clark is offering like 7k off of these!

On 25/02/2018 at 7:45 AM, Vlady said:

My wife told me no to French car, I suggested Citroen but the answer was no. I do not trust French cars myself, I had a Renault Laguna a few years (like 10 years ago) ago and it was shit.

Thanks for suggestion nealpina.

The amount of people who say to me: No French cars (and often they add: especially with their electrics).  

Not to influence anyone, I generally consider Citroën cars to be underestimated for driving pleasure.

7 hours ago, nealpina said:

The amount of people who say to me: No French cars (and often they add: especially with their electrics).  

Not to influence anyone, I generally consider Citroën cars to be underestimated for driving pleasure.

I am pretty sure Citroen builds better cars then it used to and definetely much better looking but I still find hard to trust them, fair enough we never test drove one but when I mentioned french to my car she said no, I mean no offence to any one.

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:33 PM, nealpina said:

I also enjoy driving Citroën Picasso 

Surely this is cause for an instant forum ban... :lol:

You should change your forum name to iwillneverbetakenseriouslyeveragain ;)

C.

At the moment my son is mad on the Toyota Alphard and they are big units with a choice of power including hybrid with 4x4 and seat plenty.

They are Japanese imports but have had a usually quiet life.

My wife decided to go with VW Touran (new), especially VW gives a good discount on them. 

We popped in to Arnold Clark and got a quote for a brand new Touran with a few options added, I never bought a new car before.

Am I only limited to VW Arnold Clark or I can go else where and get may be even better deal? The thing Arnold Clark never applied any discounts or contributions to the car, the only discount I have is from VW themselves, so should I try to find the car the other way, drivethedeal.co.uk or something similar or I can somehow pressure Arnold Clark to drop a price a little? The price is ok but I would like to see Arnold Clark doing something to secure us as a client not just get whats on the screen they can see.

Anyone who bought a new car any advice? We will pay cash for the car, well, bank loan.

Cheers

Er yes, no reason you're limited to Arnold Clark, you can buy from any VW dealer. 

Definitely request quotes via carwow and drivethedeal, we used carwow and were pretty happy. Quotes varied by a few hundred pounds so you'll know quickly if they are offering you a good deal. 

I'd say be careful on VW warranty purchases, factory purchase is usually cheaper but needs to be ordered before the car is registered (4 or 5 year option) but you'll find Arnold Clark will offer extende warranty as well, ususlly if you are buying with finance and usually for more money than VWs! 

It may be cheaper to buy the car on finance if VW are offering finance deals but carwow usually shows you both prices. 

Finally no doubt you may find they'll offer you a prereg or car they have in stock already, can be good value but be sure you know exactly how much its worth with extras already added - dont compromise or overbuy! 

Edited by SuperDave

8 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Er yes, no reason you're limited to Arnold Clark, you can buy from any VW dealer. 

Definitely request quotes via carwow and drivethedeal, we used carwow and were pretty happy. Quotes varied by a few hundred pounds so you'll know quickly if they are offering you a good deal. 

I'd say be careful on VW warranty purchases, factory purchase is usually cheaper but needs to be ordered before the car is registered (4 or 5 year option) but you'll find Arnold Clark will offer extende warranty as well, ususlly if you are buying with finance and usually for more money than VWs! 

It may be cheaper to buy the car on finance if VW are offering finance deals but carwow usually shows you both prices. 

Finally no doubt you may find they'll offer you a prereg or car they have in stock already, can be good value but be sure you know exactly how much its worth with extras already added - dont compromise or overbuy! 

Thanks Dave for the advice, I have checked Drivethedeal and will check the carwow as well. What I have noticed is that VW (Arnold Clark) is having different options to the Drivethedeal, for example DTD offers heated leather steering wheel and VW AC doesn't, so I could not go spec for spec exactly, will see carwow.

They do not have anything in stock or pre reg, I don't know why, may be the car is too new?

Anyway, more home work to be done. :)

And yes, need to look for that VW warranty! 

Youll usually find the dealer will find stock either prereg or brand new once they have you in the showroom...

If you want to keep it simple and clean do it all be phone and email!

VWs own configurator will be most reliable, the others should be getting regular updates of the vehicle config data in their systems. 

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Vlady said:

I don't think I even know a car like this! I had to Google it! :)

Are they not called Previa in continent?

no its called Toyota estima AERAS

there is also a g edition which is 7 seats and has stand alone recliners

my 8 seat version has stow n go also