neddy540

Reverting to prefacelift tail lights

Hi All

Recently while trying to fix my PDC sensors I noticed some water in the boot by the pdc sensor

Its coming from the tail light

Previous owner fitted the facelight celis lights which Ive never been a fan of

As I took off the unit I noticed the frame of the bucket had been altered and caved in probably to accomodate the lights

As Im fitting a set of the original lights I was wondering how I can ensure a perfect water tight fit 

TIA20180211_144913.thumb.jpg.d6740dca01d42ddc61e3667f2ff499e8.jpg20180214_205133.thumb.jpg.66c245fa466722389510313d1e09b876.jpg

20180216_165553.jpg

Used the wrong kind of seal (clear)

And used a hose to check for leaks

Saw nothing for 10 mins

Then as Im putting the battery back in I discover a flood, Ive stripped the boot of trim and radio system 

Ive ordered the butyl type sealant

Il keep you all posted

I can't remember but I think there's one or two holes that need to be drilled when fitting Celis. The seal all round should still seal the light completely though.

Yup as Raymond says, the alterations required to fit the facelift lights are only in the centre of the unit - the perimeter isn't affected so the seals should still...seal!

Thanks guys Im fitting the older lights but it seems the pervious owner rammed the frame section in I will seal up the two holes that were made to fitt the celis lights