albion man

F11 luggage cover not lifting smoothly

Everything worked smoothly when I bought the car, but have noticed that the cover now rises very slowly and doesn't retract fully. It is just like a roller blind with a weak spring. Has anyone out there had a similar problem, and is there an easy fix? Car is a Dec 2015 build, ex BMW PGA sponsorship, bought as AUC in June 2017 with under 4K miles in mint condition so there is no question of wear and tear.

I had mine replaced under warranty, not because it stopped working but it squeaked with suspension compression. That's what I thought the noise was until the dealer service manager checked and said this was a known issue to him. A new one is c£500! - which they replaced.

1 hour ago, bee said:

I had mine replaced under warranty, not because it stopped working but it squeaked with suspension compression. That's what I thought the noise was until the dealer service manager checked and said this was a known issue to him. A new one is c£500! - which they replaced.

Same here - booked it in with suspension creak but it was in fact the luggage cover! Apparently the springs in them wear which results in them creaking. They replaced the springs under warranty on mine.

It is a known issue.

Warranty claim agreed without any argument. Douglas Park had a used F11 on the forecourt so we were able to do a quick swap which clearly showed that the problem lay in the cover and not in the car. Replacement cover on order from Germany and should be delivered in about ten days.