Beej4

New owner of M5 3.6

Hi everyone

So after the debacle re: M5 3.8 i was going to purchase a week or so ago, a member contacted me to say he'd been thinking of selling his car.

I think he's quite well know here, Andy (aka ringsideE34). After reading his thread, I didn't hesitate to say I'd have it!

I just got the car today and of course my first ever picture is at the petrol station!

A massive thank you to Andy for all his hard work and I'll try to continue the improvements to this great car.

There are a few minor niggles to sort out but Andy was completely transparent about them. Not much to ask considering what he's done already!

Here's to many years of enjoyment!!

m5.jpg

Thanks Azmontana, i think I'm very lucky to be the new owner. I read and reread his resto thread about 5 times, just to take in all the work Andy had put in! 

Thanks David.

I've only driven it once so far but it feels solid and well put together, steering is precise and handles corners surprisingly well considering the size of the beast.

The engine is very willing, with the low-end pull that Andy promised it had being true.

Bodywork, engine, suspension, clutch, steering box, brakes, exhaust all perfect and I'll do the 'Pepsi challenge' with any of these cars on for 25plus with these areas!

Interior needs a little tlc, some of the electrics not working (electric side mirrors, interior lights) but otherwise, I can't fault it.

Cheers

Bijay

7 hours ago, Beej4 said:

Thanks David.

I've only driven it once so far but it feels solid and well put together, steering is precise and handles corners surprisingly well considering the size of the beast.

The engine is very willing, with the low-end pull that Andy promised it had being true.

Bodywork, engine, suspension, clutch, steering box, brakes, exhaust all perfect and I'll do the 'Pepsi challenge' with any of these cars on for 25plus with these areas!

Interior needs a little tlc, some of the electrics not working (electric side mirrors, interior lights) but otherwise, I can't fault it.

Cheers

Bijay

I'm surprised David has sold his beast ... But i'm glad your now living the M5 dream :) 

Congrats on the purchase, the car looks great. I've been trying to buy a specific black e34 3.6 M5 similar to this one since October, had i know this was for sale i'd have come to take a closer look!

Let us know how you find it. 

Thanks Carl, Mumbojumbo.

The 'dream' right now is to watch it getting sodden by the continuous rain we can't seem to shift from this country!

At least it doesn't leak anywhere, lol.

MJ, I didn't know this was for sale either. Andy was prompted to get in touch with me after he read my efforts to buy (and ultimately, get let down on several occasions) an E34 M5. He said it provided the definitive decision for him to sell and he wanted no hassle by selling it to a fellow forum member.

I suppose I was there at the right time and place to take advantage of his decision to sell.

So far, after one drive(!), it's not as quick or agile as my 996 C4S but I bought it really to own a classic M in my lifetime. It is however, surprisingly nimble on twisty roads, a nice feeling!

Good luck with your search.

Yeah, Andy was very upfront with the mileage discrepancy and he went to great lengths to explain it in his resto thread on Jan 20th 2015 or so. It turns out to be around 16 or 17k out.  Whatever the reason, the 5 inch thick folder of work done provided more important provenance. I bought the car on condition.

Congrats on the car, looks in stunning condition. I purchased my first M5 a few weeks before you! Not gone too far in it, but once you start to get used to the feel of the engine it’s so rewarding to drive and the howl is intoxicating! Love mine to bits already 

Thanks Lukai, I've only driven it a couple of times so I'm getting used to the different power delivery than other cars I've had.

Any chance of seeing a few pics of yours?

Cheers

Bijay

On 25/02/2018 at 6:17 PM, Beej4 said:

Thanks Lukai, I've only driven it a couple of times so I'm getting used to the different power delivery than other cars I've had.

Any chance of seeing a few pics of yours?

Cheers

Bijay

I'll try and get a thread started soon, it's in nowhere near as good nick as yours though :(

Edited by Lukai