Racer in a BMW

New member joining from Snowy Toronto 550i

28 minutes ago, Racer in a BMW said:

...my current E60 550i that I’m thinking of bringing back to UK in a couple of years.

Hi n welcome B),

Nice motor, bad idea. Petrol is nearly double here! Oh and the roads ain't M Sport friendly :angry:, potholes, traffic. Plus it's RHD, parking spaces/garages are often tiny, taxed to death at £535/yr... just to start with. Any upside?

5 hours ago, Sandip said:

Welcome. 

Where in Toronto? I was there just after Christmas. Kept an eye out for fives too for if I move there in a few years. 

I’m only 45 minutes from the CN tower, there are a few 550’s here and they do stand out amongst the rubbish North American cars!

4 hours ago, Raymond said:

Welcome along,

I do like the side marker lights. Nice and neat! B)

Thank you. It’s my second e60. I had a 535d LCI when in UK a few years ago. Exactly the same colour combination, Cream leather and Carbon Black. Obviously my favourite. :-)

hello OP

I used to live in North York. Didn't own a car as we had an Avis in the building.

Good luck on your return. I've been back 10 years.  Miss Toronto a lot but the UK has a lot to offer too.. until we leave the EU!

Edited by bmwmike

4 minutes ago, Sandip said:

Interesting, what does the UK have to offer over Canada? 

Not sure if directed at OP or not. Ill give my opinion anyway.. I loved living in Toronto but travel is expensive and fairly limited, cost of living is good and food options are okay.  It's great place if you like north american culture but gets tiring after a while.  Ultimately, I missed the ocean. The winters too damned cold and the summer too humid. Vancouver might be better in that respect, I only spent a couple of weeks there. 

UK has a lot to offer, not least because it has Europe on its doorstep. Lots of different cultures, history, etc only a cheap and quick flight away. Vastly different places. IMO depending on where you live, the UK has fantastic lifestyle. I live in S Wales and we have great beaches and mountains. Easy access to republic of Ireland, ferries to France.  Don't even need go go through England :P

On 12/02/2018 at 9:17 PM, Racer in a BMW said:

my current E60 550i that I’m thinking of bringing back to UK in a couple of years.

Have you looked into exporting/importing costs etc. Just curious as cars are so cheap in the UK.