am I being paranoid or it is true. 

please show me your original oil containers bought in Britain 

or make a photo if you get a chance

thanksuc?id=1bstDgihFo8ZRz3Bzb9J5lu8QS80WoAqF

uc?id=1cBmTbJrLUimo-eUgatFLMCkahl8UNUjU

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1P1pUwe3sWLCLhERy_obdBXWeBHu1M0W8

Edited by gine39530d

Looks like it’s been opened, refilled and revealed without damaging the cap IMO

Ive had plenty of Castrol oil and the bottles have never looked like that!

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to though - get the oil, take out the good stuff by slicing open the side, re-fill with crap oil, re-seal and sell on.  There are more productive ways to earn a coin I'd say!

7 minutes ago, Calypso-E34 said:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to though - get the oil, take out the good stuff by slicing open the side, re-fill with crap oil, re-seal and sell on.  There are more productive ways to earn a coin I'd say!

This is Russia we’re talking about... Owt to make £££!

Weve had dodgy Olympic weightlifting equipment from supposedly genuine resellers (the Russians have their own style of bars and plates and they’re very well thought of etc)

Was a real wrangle getting the £££ back; but had paid on M’card, so soon got it sorted once they realised it was definitely fake stuff! :roll: 

serial code and holographic stickers mean nothing when you suck good oil out and pour crap in between the seams of a genuine container

paid 2100 rubles for 4litres total 8 litres

roughly 30 euros x 2

27 quid x 2

Edited by gine39530d

The can of Castrol Edge in my garage  looks the same as the one in your first photo. The top part of the seam looks messy and it smooths out in the middle.

image.png

6 hours ago, stevecvo said:

The can of Castrol Edge in my garage  looks the same as the one in your first photo. The top part of the seam looks messy and it smooths out in the middle.

image.png

are you sure it is not a fake snake oil?  

If you were going to sell fake oil why not just counterfeit the whole can or drill a small hole to suck it out and refill rather than split the whole bottle be much less hassle and mess:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, gine39530d said:

anyhow i ll emulate Russian winter in my fridge and see how it behaves

Does your fridge go past -20c? 

If so it's broken! A bit like your E39.....

;) 

My can came from one of the largest supermarket chains in Portugal.  I do oil changes on the 4 family cars and I buy all of the oils I use  from this supermarket when they have special offers. I have also checked a couple of old cans I have containing used oil waiting to be disposed of and they are the same. It must be a molding issue on the 4 litre Castrol containers.

I thought in Europe they came in 5 Litres? I always had the impression that it's just us Brits who get shafted with the short end of the stick, 4 litre pack size.

Edited by jake13

oil like a thick honey is a normal behaviour at minus 6?

was very fluidish before freezer and then became this honey

and does not stick to metal at all.... supposed to be magnetic though

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tOXRGp5W8T-QRaW6VdMW5n-5JEDWXJXq/view?usp=drivesdk

uc?id=1xX8vwhZ8q0yfXy8cDeUOvIBKqvDO1ixC

Edited by gine39530d

18 minutes ago, gine39530d said:

my fridge is also not working properly 

can't go lower than minus 6 7ish

:lol: 

you do realize that "test" is a load of shit don't you? How can you recreate the conditions of an engine in a (what looks like) ice box? 

Think about it, the oil when in your car has protection from the cold via the engine and the insulation of the car in general, yes it will get cold and go less viscous (how you've described it as honey) but it will never reach temps of minus 20c 

just stick it in and have done with it! 

You seem to try to find problems where there arnt any?

also the oil isn't magnetic! It just leaves a fine film of oil on metal and the oil company has called it magnetec....

:rolleyes: 

go fix all your silly little problems, and stop worrying about stupid stuff!

have you fixed any of the other problems yet or are what? 

12 minutes ago, Yokozuna said:

:lol: 

you do realize that "test" is a load of shit don't you? How can you recreate the conditions of an engine in a (what looks like) ice box? 

Think about it, the oil when in your car has protection from the cold via the engine and the insulation of the car in general, yes it will get cold and go less viscous (how you've described it as honey) but it will never reach temps of minus 20c 

just stick it in and have done with it! 

You seem to try to find problems where there arnt any?

also the oil isn't magnetic! It just leaves a fine film of oil on metal and the oil company has called it magnetec....

go fix all your silly little problems, and stop worrying about stupid stuff!

have you fixed any of the other problems yet or are what? 

nope, you silly goose,  it says on the tin : magnetic particles stick to the engine as a thin film 

75% wear at the engine start

fine film goes down under gravity.... this one sticks to the metal.... why would it defy mother nature? 

and engine is not a magical mysterious wonder place were fairies fly and fornicate freely

it is just a hunk of metal in a metal.... zero magic

uc?id=1ymryQwe2MbWgbde-hHHRgg7zfXoT6Q7q

Edited by gine39530d

So let me get this straight, what ever metal your using to test its magnetic tendency is coming out exactly the same as you put it in? I.e. Dry?

if that's the case then your fairies are indeed working as any oil should coat metal and drop off! It won't stick to it! And the "magnetic particles" are indeed that particles that you can't see as they are fucking tiny! 

But there will be a film on it.......

do you know what? The more I read from you the more I realize that your either very very clever and a wind up merchant, or your so stupid that not only you don't no what your asking but you don't understand the answer of your questions. 

Good luck with trying to freeze oil in a ice chest and good luck with your condom covered engine bay....

Thick gloopy oil will do that below freezing. Here in the UK there's a company called Opie Oils that sell to trade and the public. They may advise a different oil for colder weather and change again in the summer months back to 5/40.

www.opieoils.co.uk

The oil will be stuck to the engine but it's a microscopic thin layer on there.