gine39530d

Fake Castrol oil in Russia?

25 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

The oil will be stuck to the engine but it's a microscopic thin layer on there. 

Mr smash 

there's no point in wasting any more time explaining stuff in layman terms as he just doesn't get it! 

I mean, he's sticking condoms over electrical points that have caused no problems in the past.....

Say's it all really :rolleyes: 

On 13/02/2018 at 9:02 AM, Yokozuna said:

:lol: 

you do realize that "test" is a load of shit don't you? How can you recreate the conditions of an engine in a (what looks like) ice box? 

Think about it, the oil when in your car has protection from the cold via the engine and the insulation of the car in general, yes it will get cold and go less viscous (how you've described it as honey) but it will never reach temps of minus 20c 

just stick it in and have done with it! 

You seem to try to find problems where there arnt any?

also the oil isn't magnetic! It just leaves a fine film of oil on metal and the oil company has called it magnetec....

:rolleyes: 

go fix all your silly little problems, and stop worrying about stupid stuff!

have you fixed any of the other problems yet or are what? 

The only materials that can be magnetised are ferrous based alloys and metals.

Therefore the only surfaces in contact that are ferrous based are the piston rings and cylinder bores, big and little end bearings are not generally ferrous based so magnetic action cannot occur. 

So the question is, are they adding ferrous powder or similar to oil - I think not, your engine would be a wreck in no time.

You must remember these things are sold with a lot of marketing hype, similar to all these soaps, shampoos and cosmetic crap, where they use made up names to sound scientific, I often run some of these "magic" ingredients by our company chemist, and he never heard of any of them.

On 12/02/2018 at 9:45 PM, gine39530d said:

anyhow i ll emulate Russian winter in my fridge and see how it behaves

Pointless unless you have the kit to test viscosity

On 13/02/2018 at 10:01 AM, Yokozuna said:

do you know what? The more I read from you the more I realize that your either very very clever and a wind up merchant, or your so stupid that not only you don't no what your asking but you don't understand the answer of your questions.

...says the author of a barely literate post. ;)