markprior

Cornering Light Faiure

So they do their merry dance when they are on and you are steering but you have a warning message?  

Do all the bulbs work?

You've done the usual, switch off, lock car, unlock car and switch back on?

The cornering lights are part of the adaptive xenon lights but even if the headlight moving around works, the cornering error is most likely the inner light bulb failing or failed. Those have a standard halogen bulb where the outer uses the HID bulb. 

One of my pet aesthetic hates of the F11/10 is the differing colour lights, I've had cornering lights on previous cars and the Mrs has them on her Golf and they are head and shoulders above mine, I struggle to see any difference.

Mine are really obvious, but I live out in the sticks so it's quite dark and my council have replaced the orange sodium street lights with white LEDs but done nothing about the lack of spread from these new street lights so the streets are even darker now. Cornering lights are more obvious at slow speeds when doing lots of steering input like in housing estates.

But yes having them a different colour isn't right for the asthetics. The fog lights are particularly yellow too.

I swapped mine when I first bought it for some LED's but they were poor quality, I may look again but I do remember they were a pain to install and probably better if you were a Gynaecologist.

Thinking of getting these to replace, always unsure of the whiteness rating, from memory the higher the number the bluer which is what i dont want :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-H7-ULTRA-POWER-BRIGHT-5000K-XENON-GAS-WHITE-CAR-FRONT-HEADLIGHT-HEADLAMP-BULBS/121378000654?epid=9003565021&hash=item1c42b14f0e:g:ZnAAAOSwWxNYtq~A

Thanks