Ninja59

Stupid Question - Window Switch - Driver's side

In fairness isn't it pretty obvious what it does, and why not just push it and see what happens? 

Not trying to insult anyone.

It reminds me of a time I got approached in Reading service station by a guy in his late 30's at a guess. He was sweating and stressed and ushered me over to his car. I felt that the situation was dodgy so went around the other side of the car to look inside. Some sort of euro French thing a Peugeot maybe. Anyway he is panicking that he's driven all the way from London or some such and there is a FLASHING LIGHT on the dashboard and he didn't know what to do. Did I know?  Yes mate its your f***ing hazards just press the button and they'll go off. Why would you not just PRESS THE BUTTON rather than drive all that way on the m4 presumably in the middle lane at 60mph as well. And go to the bother and humiliation of approaching and asking someone. I always just press the button. Press the goddamn button.

Edit to remove university slur

Edited by bmwmike

7 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

In fairness isn't it pretty obvious what it does, and why not just push it and see what happens? 

It reminds me of a time I got approached in Reading service station by a guy in his late 30's at a guess. He was sweating and stressed and ushered me over to his car. I felt that the situation was dodgy so went around the other side of the car to look inside. Some sort of euro French thing a Peugeot maybe. Anyway he is panicking that he's driven all the way from London or some such and there is a FLASHING LIGHT on the dashboard and he didn't know what to do. Did I know?  Yes mate its your f***ing hazards just press the button and they'll go off. Why would you not just PRESS THE BUTTON rather than drive all that way on the m4 presumably in the middle lane at 60mph as well. And go to the bother and humiliation of approaching and asking someone. I always just press the button. Press the goddamn button.

abd64639e8709c378df82f77de02d6a51acd5b7909bd68b94b09f509fcd15cef.jpg

14 minutes ago, bmwmike said:

Not really, I have no reason to sit in the back, we have no kids and I am the only one to drive my car. Furthermore, I have never had that feature before.

I did look in the manual, but could see no easy reference to it.

As for your removed university slur I would be interested to know what was actually said.

As I said.. no offense intended it's just an observation.. some folks press the button or rip something apart to figure out how it works others prefer to ask first. Pros and cons with either approach and I've got the scars to prove it.

Uni slur was unrelated so I removed it. I had said the chap in the car was a uni professor type nice but lacking common sense. I work with a fair few technical PHD's and they can be... interesting. 

Anyway. Apologies OP I didn't intend to cause any offence and certainly the only really stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked. Cheers

Edited by bmwmike

No issue. I used to do that, but with my 6 I am a little more careful. My MX5 used to regularly have bits taken off to review. 

Quite possibly with having an IT and Law degree...PhD types agreed can be even less practical in some cases.