Rich b

B47 f10 2014 fuel economy

I recently bought a 2014 f10 with B47 Engine 84k miles.  Generally pleased with car but noticed the fuel economy doesn’t seem as good as previous 5’s with the old n47 engine.  After my last tank i got an average of 43mpg(calculated trip said 40mpg), this included 2x 200mile motorway trips and the rest was my 50mile round trip commute (2/3 motorway). I drive really conservatively and with previous e60 n47 would return 50mpg on my daily commute.

i checked for p codes using Carly and it returned: p22ae/284e00

I booked it in at the dealer but they said there was no error???

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience of this issue, not much on the internet as this is a relatively new engine.

i also checked the dpf and it’s fine, soot mass 18g and ash mass 34g.

any advice greatly appreciated.

D50EDF51-DDE4-43F8-9B2F-552E810BE0F8.png

8DC85C2D-3E41-427F-A41C-B7EF3A8A6587.png

It just makes sense to add valuable feedback to a thread already running than start a new one. This thread was started some years ago and has some great contribution and data on it that is a shame to waste given all the effort having gone into it.

9 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

There is a huge topic already on this subject guys. Its called B47 MPG I think, take a look and add comments to that one please.

Just tried searching b47 then b47 mpg and both returned zero results...

Hi

ive recently bought one, mines a 2015 with 20k on the clock and the first 900 odd miles I’ve managed 45.5 mpg on mainly motorway driving but always in sport mode as I find the others sluggish, 

thought that hat was pretty decent.  

My commute is 1 mile to the motorway, 24 miles motorway driving, however the smart motorway works means max 50 mph, then 2 miles off the motorway to work.

i don’t use it over weekends as I’ve a weekend car to enjoy.

the best I’ve got was in eco pro and I managed 51.2 mpg for a day but that was really really being a tight arse and driving like a 60 year old granny 

28 minutes ago, nashdm2 said:

It just makes sense to add valuable feedback to a thread already running than start a new one. This thread was started some years ago and has some great contribution and data on it that is a shame to waste given all the effort having gone into it.

All you needed to do was put a link to it.....

;) 

I've had mine 6000 miles now and have averaged a true 44.5mpg. That is mainly long trips, albeit a lot have been to Cornwall, fully loaded plus going up and down those constant steep hills is an mpg killer. I can only beat 50mpg if I stick to the motorway speed limit on the GPS and there are no adverse winds.

I got 53mpg once but that involved a 70+ mile drive at an indicated 65mph. It won't be repeated ...

I think I put in the other thread that, essentially, the car is giving me about 3mpg less than I had guessed it would. I didn't buy it for economy, which is just as well.

My c70mile round trip commute (mix of mainly country roads and dual carriageway) gives me 50mpg average if I drive 'conservatively'.

Last fill-up I did 740 miles to the tank until zero range.

Edited by bee

Hi thanks for the info, there is no way I could achieve 740miles.  I really do think there is either a calibration issue with early cars or the pcode is triggering some other form of fuelling.

59 minutes ago, sshooie said:

I average 32 with my 2011 530d....

Is that all you can manage?

Got nearly 33mpg out of mine today.

image.jpg

Heated seat on, air con on, half term traffic jams.

Just saying.....:P