lotuselam

Ambient Lighting

Hi, I have a f07 530D GT 2012 and have ambient Lighting specified, does anyone know how to increase the brightness. Can it be done in idrive?? Or is it an upgrade?

Thanks for the prompt replies, I have the wheel up to max and the lights are still dim. Will look at upgraded led’s and wait and see.

12 hours ago, lotuselam said:

Thanks for the prompt replies, I have the wheel up to max and the lights are still dim. Will look at upgraded led’s and wait and see.

Have you tried changing the colour? I don't know how many you get on the GT but as standard on my 2015 530d I have a choice of two: "classic" which is white and pretty dim and a reddish colour (can't remember what BMW have chosen to call it) which, while not particularly bright, is much more agreeable and falls neatly into the definition of ambient.

Thanks for the info, my GT is 2012 and as such I don’t think it has the option of two colours. Can’t find anything in the drive to change, I ges I will have to remain as a dull ambient light owner!

7 hours ago, SuperDave said:

Mine are so ambient, theyre all but invisible. Unless it's pitch black they are barely visible but not important enough to worry about stripping out trim to fix really. 

Think you may be correct!