535i Andrew

LG Blu ray player problems

I bought a LG Blu ray/4k player two months ago from John Lewis.

The littl'un wanted to watch a DVD tonight. Powered it up and it stated it wanted to do a software upgrade. Great, hopefully that might cure the crash it does when you want to rewind a dvd.

Followed on screen prompts as I have done previously when doing updates and put DVD back in. It now refuses to play it and states "Check Regional code" helpful!

Still plays 4k discs fine, but I believe these aren't regional specific.

Switch off, back on no joy.

Check for further software updates, none found.

Check connection to my broadband, all good it's hard wired.

LGs on line chat facility is only available Mon to Fri 9-5. I work those hours and use the player outside those hours generally!

Anyone else had experience with software updates crashing this sort of equipment and how to fix it? 

A Google just directs you to LGs home page so I've contacted them and they will get back to me in 24hrs.

I eventually got a response from LG, they said they were aware of the problem and there would a software update in 24-48 hours.  There hadn't been one by Sunday pm, so I sent them another message. 

Got a response yesterday, but been on nightshift so only just found it.  

They have updated the software but have given me a work around of entering various buttons on the remote, will try that tonight.

If that doesn't work its going back to JL for them to live up to their customer service.  

Or I buy a different brand, which I threatened to do which explains why I got a much quicker response this time!

All sorted, software update did the trick.

IMG_0110.jpg

A rare moment in my house, our tv showing something other than Peppa Pig, Bing, Gigglebiz, Peter Rabbit, I got 10 mins to watch WD Series 11 on DVD!:D

12 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

I eventually got a response from LG, they said they were aware of the problem and there would a software update in 24-48 hours.  There hadn't been one by Sunday pm, so I sent them another message. 

Got a response yesterday, but been on nightshift so only just found it.  

They have updated the software but have given me a work around of entering various buttons on the remote, will try that tonight.

If that doesn't work its going back to JL for them to live up to their customer service.  

Or I buy a different brand, which I threatened to do which explains why I got a much quicker response this time!

Next time you're in the market for buying, try Richer Sounds. Without a doubt one of the best places I've ever bought from and what they don't know isn't worth knowing.

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Next time you're in the market for buying, try Richer Sounds. Without a doubt one of the best places I've ever bought from and what they don't know isn't worth knowing.

Bought my first lot of tv gear from them, very knowledgeable. I did speak to them this time around but they didn't have in stock what we were after.

Result......my Panny is afew years old now was top gear at the time with it's own full codecs built in. I there is an update for it so I'll now git it a go. Did buy a back up recently from Richer Sounds with 6 year back up for peanutz. Now to finally get my surround sound set up too.....