littleump

comfort seats or heads up ?

Im looking at used car options and have came up with two cars within my budget, however two cars practically identical in price and colour BUT  one has heads up display the other comfort seats any fours or against to help a middle age crisis decisions ?

I've got both and would order both again. But picking one...?

Trying the seats is a must. You need to sit in one with comfort seats and one without - head down your dealer and try the showroom cars, or any second-hand G30s/G31s. You've not mentioned whether you'd be getting sports seats, but there is a thread on here whereby some people have not found the standard seats to their liking. YMMV. If the car is uncomfortable, it really doesn't matter how good the heads-up display is. However if all else is equal, I'd probably go for the heads-up display. It truly is fantastic and you will miss it on any car you'll subsequently drive - it really is that good.

How tall are you? I'm 6'6 which is mainly legs and found the added bulk of the comfort seats prevented me from sitting far back enough to be comfortable whilst also making the seat behind me uninhabitable with the seat all the way back. Not a problem if you're not as tall me but worth mentioning.

I have the standard seats (SE) with lumbar and they're extremely comfortable. Drove from Newcastle to Welwyn Garden City and back in one day without even feeling any stress on my back at all.

There's tonnes of adjustment in the seat as standard, but I'd say lumbar is a must to make them the best they can be - quite frankly it's ridiculous it's an extra on a car of this price & class!

So if you had to pick one I'd pick HUD, but make sure you spec lumbar too.

Told you all it was a dilemma ha ha im 6ft 2 and usually have no problem getting comfy, we just sold my wife's 3gt ( we came from a 5gt )  it was very well specked park assist,adaptive headlights,m sport braking package rear camera and power boot, a big gripe was i missed the memory seats and having to adjust it every time i wanted to drive ( small thing to worry about i know). We really would like a x5 and nearly put a deposit down on a new shape with all the bells and whistles but i over ruled my head decision as we only do short journeys around town /city and the DPF would play constantly on my mind

30 minutes ago, littleump said:

Told you all it was a dilemma ha ha im 6ft 2 and usually have no problem getting comfy, we just sold my wife's 3gt ( we came from a 5gt )  it was very well specked park assist,adaptive headlights,m sport braking package rear camera and power boot, a big gripe was i missed the memory seats and having to adjust it every time i wanted to drive ( small thing to worry about i know). We really would like a x5 and nearly put a deposit down on a new shape with all the bells and whistles but i over ruled my head decision as we only do short journeys around town /city and the DPF would play constantly on my mind

6'2 isn't short, but you wouldn't have the problem I have with comfort seats. I think you will need to sit in one with comforts to be sure but I think you'd be fine.

Of course that doesn't answer the original question at all :D - If my height wasn't an issue, I think I would still probably go HUD.