CS10

Drivers side damaged door seal

5 minutes ago, Derek Mc said:

What he said for sure, if the rest of the car is sound and it's a keeper it's worth getting professionally taken care of I'd say

I do know that having watched a few cars on WheelerDealers get done they spent about £300/£400 on the front pair typically so a local firm may well want a ton or something for the drivers seat only?

Couldn't agree more, it looks to be a keeper so worth getting done properly.

And to be honest, those sort of prices were what I was kind of expecting. A ton would be excellent!

Trouble is, I'll not want to sit in it once its been done, in case of scuffing it again! haha!

44 minutes ago, CS10 said:

Couldn't agree more, it looks to be a keeper so worth getting done properly.

And to be honest, those sort of prices were what I was kind of expecting. A ton would be excellent!

Trouble is, I'll not want to sit in it once its been done, in case of scuffing it again! haha!

Ha ha ha I know what you mean but the refinishing seems very hardwearing.  I am not sure how good the ebay stuff is for DIY though? Did you think about that too?

I didn't consider that.

If I'm being honest, I don't know what I'm looking for really.

I assume I have to find out the colour of the leather etc?

Yip a good trawl on ebay will turn it up for you it's then the gamble of DIY or TSETDI :lol: (trust someone else to do it)

The seal on my E60 has suffered a bit like this. I put it down to the previous owner being of generous proportions and scrubbing his back/backside down the seal as he collapsed into the seat. My car's 11 years old, but the damage is nothing like as bad as yours. I'd contemplated getting a seal from a breaker but that's as far as I've got! :)

Blimey that’s wierd, 

id expect scuffing on the paint too as it looks like a large person is using it to support getting out of the car !

if it was the rear I’d ask if it was an ex cop car and the damage was from throwing Jeremy Kyle guests in after nicking them lol