Jump to content
andy_ran

BMW's being Broken into and interior items stolen!!

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

 

Haven't been on for a while but thought I should share this. Very good friend of mine has (had) a Lovely F10 M5 and last night on his drive it got broken in too and had almost all the electronics stolen from it along with interior items :(

 

It wasn't a have a go hero, it was clearly organised and according to the police they hit 3 F10s last night in his area (Kent) but its a widening issue.

 

First, they covered the movement sensor on the floodlights, then the CCTV camera! Cut a hole in the front bumper and filled the alarm siren with expanding foam, along with cutting the wires to it. They also filled a compartment behind the rear wheel with expanding foam, then drilled into the driver's door and gained access. 

 

Once inside they stole all the electronics, screens and M Interior bits. 

 

This was done on his driveway, in a built-up neighborhood

 

Forensics where on site within 20 mins as they were taking samples from another car locally.

 

 

f10m5-1.jpeg

f10m5-2.jpeg

f10m5-3.jpeg

f10m5-4.jpeg

Edited by andy_ran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can he check CCTV footage from a few days previous? They must have scouted his car out to know it's what they wanted.

 

Clearly knew what they were doing and had a shopping list. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see lots of damaged BMW's on trailers behind vans registered to Romania, Bulgaria etc at Eurotunnel. It looks like cars written off in the UK or beyond economic repair, are fixed up in these east European countries then returned to the UK and sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andy_ran said:

Hi Guys

 

Haven't been on for a while but thought I should share this. Very good friend of mine has (had) a Lovely F10 M5 and last night on his drive it got broken in too and had almost all the electronics stolen from it along with interior items :(

 

It wasn't a have a go hero, it was clearly organised and according to the police they hit 3 F10s last night in his area (Kent) but its a widening issue.

 

First, they covered the movement sensor on the floodlights, then the CCTV camera! Cut a hole in the front bumper and filled the alarm siren with expanding foam, along with cutting the wires to it. They also filled a compartment behind the rear wheel with expanding foam, then drilled into the driver's door and gained access. 

 

Once inside they stole all the electronics, screens and M Interior bits. 

 

This was done on his driveway, in a built-up neighborhood

 

Forensics where on site within 20 mins as they were taking samples from another car locally.

 

 

f10m5-1.jpeg

f10m5-2.jpeg

f10m5-3.jpeg

f10m5-4.jpeg

 

Shocking! It's gonna be a write off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Piper said:

 

Shocking! It's gonna be a write off...

 

I think it might be, it's a mega low mileage example so it will be close 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dj1233 said:

Can he check CCTV footage from a few days previous? They must have scouted his car out to know it's what they wanted.

 

Clearly knew what they were doing and had a shopping list. 

 

 

 

I expect the police will be doing that 

 

Apparently they did 3 cars in one night :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is unbelievable. Poor guy must be gutted to find his car like that, and the other two owners as well.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have friends and family in East London and Essex and there's plenty of steering wheel and sat nav thefts happening there on BMWs and Range Rovers. These guys have no fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pathetic really, these people have so much front it is worrying. I hope the m5 shown isn’t a write off as it would be a real shame

Edited by paperjams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ouch!

 

Door and bumper damage aside it looks like the kit was neatly removed so repair should be straight forward no?

 

Obviously that doesn't justify the crime but might save the car?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duncan-uk said:

Ouch!

 

Door and bumper damage aside it looks like the kit was neatly removed so repair should be straight forward no?

 

Obviously that doesn't justify the crime but might save the car?

 

 

 

They kept the bits they wanted neat and tidy, ripped and cut the car loom to bits sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That interior pic is truly shocking!

 

No idea how long that whole job must have taken, a while surely, but to have the front to do that on a private driveway AND get away with it - incredible.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they put foam in the rear arch and cover up a movement sensor?

 

I'm sure someone using a drill on my drive would wake me up

Edited by Piper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, duncan-uk said:

Aah, shame - looked at a quick glance that the plugs etc where still in place.

 

I have checked with the owner, some are OK, others are not - it seems they too care with the bits that where being removed at the expense of the bits they didn't want :(

 

Over 30 reported incidents in the last two weeks on Kent now not just f10's but the latest range rovers and anything newish from bmw

Edited by andy_ran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is mad. Doing that on someone's drive away. 

 

It must have took an hour or more and to do that in complete silence without alarming anyone is also just unheard of. 

 

I hope they got picked up on a neighbours CCTV. 

 

I don't get why they didn't just take the car and then do at their own leisure. 

 

Reagards to your mate. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Andy,

 

Long time no see! Hope you are good!

 

Not a nice 'return' thread at all, it's downright disgusting and infuriating - I imagine your friend is absolutely livid at this...    I bet the same is echoed with everyone else being targetted by these lowlife scum.

 

Unfortunately, with Police numbers dwindling, ever stretched resources due to less funding etc, crime will most likely increase and especially where it's 'easy pickings' like this which is also really quite valuable. 

 

The lowlife's have probably practiced on broken/damaged BMW's/Range's to get timings down to a few minutes rather than an hour, however, given it's also apparently quite easy to just drive the car away once some shady stuff is done with the keys and mirroring of the signal from them from even inside a house, I'd also have thought that'd be the preferred method - the car wouldn't be reported as stolen so they could drive to wherever it is they go without the Police camera's in cars alerting them. 

 

Also, nowadays there's much less preference from owners to fit additional security to their cars etc. I've read recently that there's 'pouches' you can keep inside the house which 'block' the signal that comes from the keys. Apparently, if I have this right, the car is always in 'listening mode' and when the 'key' transmits it's signal, the car of course opens up. The lowlifes are in some way managing to pick up the signal coming from the key from within the house and 'directing' it at the car with just enough angle/direction that the signal is picked up and the car unlocks. These 'faraday pouches' block that signal from the key when it's inside the house and are only around £10 or so to buy. The more people who know this the better and so keys and maybe from other marques, can be safely stored in these pouches to combat the lowlife scum's attempts at stealing cars. 

 

I'm fuming and angry with your friend on this.....

 

Cheers, Dennis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DennisCooper said:

 I've read recently that there's 'pouches' you can keep inside the house which 'block' the signal that comes from the keys. Apparently, if I have this right, the car is always in 'listening mode' and when the 'key' transmits it's signal, the car of course opens up. The lowlifes are in some way managing to pick up the signal coming from the key from within the house and 'directing' it at the car with just enough angle/direction that the signal is picked up and the car unlocks.

 

This is correct - effectively they're using a booster/repeater so the technology of convenience is being used against itself. It has been covered in a few newspapers recently. I too have read of these Faraday pouches and wonder if placing the 'key' inside an earthed metal biscuit tin would be just as effective, if not as attractive.

 

Sometimes I wonder if the proper key/transponder of twenty years ago was best after all. Terrible to read this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×