Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Disco

E39 Headlight change Pre Facelift to Facelift.

Firstly I'm sure this isn't the first time someone has asked (apologies), I had a quick scan through but didn't find a recent post.

I should be picking up some facelift headlights later complete with angel eyes. Can anyone give me a heads up on what I might need to fit them?

I'm putting them on my 99 535i SE and the chap selling them says he had them on his 99 and they went straight on so i'm keeping my fingers crossed but I thought i'd check what I might need if they don't go straight on mine. I'm not afraid of doing a bit of wiring but would like to use all the proper plugs where possible.

This is the first job i'll be doing to my 535, other jobs on my list so far will be:

• Sort out the NSR door actuator as its not locking/unlocking with the central locking. 
  • Sort the OSR window reg, it goes down but not up.
  • Sort the NSF door speaker, currently no sound from the speaker or tweeter.
  • Install my double din Apple car play head unit and probably throw a small sub in the boot.
  • Replace the front discs and pads. 
  • Check the jacking points properly and get any welding done thats required.
  • Sort a couple of small rust patches (rear arch and rear panel under boot lid).
  • Replace the drivers sun visor and the small clip that holds it up.
  • Give the whole car a damn good clean inside and out and a proper polish.

Any tips on the rest of these jobs greatly appreciated. I'm no mechanic but luckily have access to one in the family but I am a sparky so not afraid of any wiring jobs (luckily my mechanic needs loads of wiring jobs done around his house and workshop though ;) ).

A few years back I replaced the original pre facelift headlight units with new Hella angel eye ones. A bit fiddly at some stages of the process but a direct plug and play replacement with no real issues.

Many thanks mate. I've picked them up. Got a few days off coming up in Feb so will have a go at putting them in. Also got some new discs and pads for the front. My CD changer seems to have packed up, i've got a spare but I think I'm gonna put my Pioneer Apple play head unit in and done with.