Lukai

E34 M5 Rear SLS Shock Leak

Hi,

I'm a fairly new owner of an M5 and have found that one of the rear SLS shocks has a slight leak. I believe the shocks are no longer available? :(

If so, what are my options here? I have read that others have capped off the SLS and going with normal shocks? If this my best option, anyone recommend any particular shocks?

I've been in two minds about leaving the car OEM ride height, or lowering it ever so slightly anyway... so this could end up making my mind up for me. 

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Luke

They can serviced in Germany but its very expensive, ( but if you have an M5, money is no object.LOL) Which  side is it?

I have a NOS one left over from my rear end rebuild, cant remember which side and its for a 525 touring so probably not compatible!

Hi Luke ,

Where abouts are you based ?

I would recommend maintaining the factory sls now as these cars are becoming increasingly rare and originality is a factor .

I have a number of good used rear sls shocks and could assist with a refurbishment of your existing dampers complete with a two year warranty. 

p.m. If you prefer for details .

D

21 hours ago, classic-md-autos said:

Hi Luke ,

Where abouts are you based ?

I would recommend maintaining the factory sls now as these cars are becoming increasingly rare and originality is a factor .

I have a number of good used rear sls shocks and could assist with a refurbishment of your existing dampers complete with a two year warranty. 

p.m. If you prefer for details .

D

Pm sent, thanks