Buzz

2005 M5 E60 ABS

Hi , I'm new to the forum,

I've got an M5 E60 registered in 2005 (one of the early ones E60 models) but have only done 70,000 miles.

I've recently received a message concerning ABS. It states  "Brake & Drive Control Systems failure, drive moderately" etc.

I've read recently that it maybe the battery which if the charge is low may cause the problem.

Any advice out there ?

Buzz  

If it were me I would be into a BMW dealer to let them take a look - an E60 M5 with suspect brake problems sounds like a recipe for disaster.....

If it were the battery I would expect more problems and warnings than just that one. 

As advised, best to get codes read somewhere to get an idea of what it could be.

cheers

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

You are right, besides the ABS warning, there is also "Flat Tyre Monitor Failure" and "Transmission Fault" warnings.

I'll get the codes checked.

All the best,

Buzz

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

You are right, besides the ABS warning, there is also "Flat Tyre Monitor Failure" and "Transmission Fault" warnings.

I'll get the codes checked.

All the best,

Buzz

Your first post indicates you only have  a abs warning if your getting other faults transmission etc then there is a good chance it could be the battery or alternator, use a volt meter to check the voltage at the battery terminals with and without the engine running and post the results.