robsey29

E39 M5 Wheel refurb options

Looking to get my oem m5 wheels refurbished as they are starting to look a bit shabby, I want as close as match to oem as possible being shadow chrome I know this can vary from place to place.

Now I know leptons are more the likely the best place for these to be done but coming in at near on £500 they are not cheap.

Wondered if anyone else knows a decent firm to use that will get as close as a match to oem as possible and a bit cheaper without compromising the quality. If leptons is the place to go I’ll go with it just wanted to check if there is any alternatives before pulling the trigger. 

That's where I ended up taking mine after much deliberation, I decided that when all was said and done to do it once and do it right, even if they were more expensive. 

I I was more than happy with the results, an excellent service all round. 

I agree with you there good old saying you pay for what you get, I think I will go with lepsons, do you know if they have to different shadow chrome options one is darker then the other? Not a keen lover of the darker colour they do, just want to make sure I ask for the right colour choice.

Had mine done last year at Lepsons including straightening one of the rims, they provided an excellent service. 

It took two goes to get the correct shadow chrome effect ( their demo shadow chrome is way too silver) with the second attempt just perfect for me.

What we went for in the end is their shadow chrome with a only a few passes of silver to finish. 

I found it hard to capture the actual colour but here are a few…… in some shots they appear quite silver but this is not the case in reality 

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

5 hours ago, Hakon said:

Had mine done last year at Lepsons including straightening one of the rims, they provided an excellent service. 

It took two goes to get the correct shadow chrome effect ( their demo shadow chrome is way too silver) with the second attempt just perfect for me.

What we went for in the end is their shadow chrome with a only a few passes of silver to finish. 

I found it hard to capture the actual colour but here are a few…… in some shots they appear quite silver but this is not the case in reality 

IMG_4039.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_3839.JPG

They look spot on, so to stop it happening to me and to get it right first time round what do I need to ask for? 

Their shadow chrome is done by a base layer of black followed by layers of silver.

You need to ask for a few less passes ( than their version of shadow chrome) of silver over the black base to achieve the above colour.

They did mine and a friends to this colour last year so it should be relatively fresh for them.

Helen was the representative we dealt with and she should certainly remember as we had to do them twice to get the desired result.

Edited by Hakon

1 hour ago, Hakon said:

Their shadow chrome is done by a base layer of black followed by layers of silver.

You need to ask for a few less passes ( than their version of shadow chrome) of silver over the black base to achieve the above colour.

They did mine and a friends to this colour last year so it should be relatively fresh for them.

Helen was the representative we dealt with and she should certainly remember as we had to do them twice to get the desired result.

Perfect thanks for your help.