535i Andrew

Selling old car magazines

Didn't realise I still had a box of old car magazines at my folks house.

I came home to find a box my mum had brought round of mainly Top Gear magazines from the late 1990s.  Christ, how cars have changed!

I'm guessing that there is next to hee haw market for these old magazines on eBay?

The cost to ship/post alone is a few quid.

Or do I make them into paper logs and burn them in my stove?

I buy the odd old issue of a magazine off eBay when I come across an old / classic car that I like, and want to read contemporary reviews of it.  Mostly, they go for around a fiver plus a quid or so P&P.

You could list them all individually - that'll be the way to maximise the cash you get - but you'll need to list the featured cars in the description for each one, and be prepared to wait a while for them to sell.

I have built up collections of stuff like Total BMW, BMW Car etc before in the past, but I don't have space for them, so now I only keep the ones I have a particular interest in.

Selling one by one isn't worth it imo unless you have nowt better to do. I've sold job lots at a buy it now and got rid rhat way. I know they've gone to a trader but good luck to him if he wants to double his money selling one by one!

I'm actually sat next to a bookcase now with a pile (a bloody big pile!) of Fast Ford, Performance Ford, Retro Ford and Classic Ford magazines filling it's shelves. I've been tempted to take them all to the tip but I'm reluctant to do that knowing that someone would probably find them interesting and on the other hand I can't be arsed with selling them. Anyone want any old Ford mags......?:D

On 1/12/2018 at 3:50 PM, duncan-uk said:

Selling one by one isn't worth it imo unless you have nowt better to do. I've sold job lots at a buy it now and got rid rhat way. I know they've gone to a trader but good luck to him if he wants to double his money selling one by one!

This!

In fact, last time I just gave away a huge amount to somebody from, this forum. I forget who (sorry) but I remember his 5er on my drive, pointing skyward with all the mags in the boot! He gave me £20 anyway which was appreciated.