20 minutes ago, shauney said:

And it does have one. So i've got a brake fluid change in next month and probably a couple of oil changes before it expires at 50k

Nice one!! A brucey bonus. 

4 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Nice one!! A brucey bonus. 

Indeed - I cannot believe that the supplying dealer never even mentioned it. Has to be getting on for £1000 worth of servicing just for the two oil and one brake fluid services without even thinking about the three MOT Protect services.

1 hour ago, shauney said:

Indeed - I cannot believe that the supplying dealer never even mentioned it. Has to be getting on for £1000 worth of servicing just for the two oil and one brake fluid services without even thinking about the three MOT Protect services.

Yup, I only found out about the MOT protect last week when mine went in for its 5 year old so third MOT. Mine has the 5 year 50,000 mile service plan, which I knew about but not the third MOT protect. I was told if it failed on anything from a spring to a bulb it would be fixed at no cost to me. 

And the dealer was having a January sale so it only cost my £34! And they for once did a good job washing it and I've got another years ticket on it.

She's booked in for a biggie this coming weekend gents, am expecting a bill of about £554-£733 depending on whether the rear brake pads also need doing or not. Otherwise its deffo time for the engine oil service with airfilter/oilfilter/microfilter, and the vehicle check, at minimum.  Have tried to put pressure on them to bring the price down - lets see on the day!

Will probably tell 'em not to do the MOT, will get that done myself elsewhere for half the cost. Oh and to NOT wash the car :)

6 hours ago, sshooie said:

ime they are less likely to reduce on the day, if the don't what are you going to do? it's too late then...

True that but then i potentially won't be returning if they dont seem to want to try and make things good value I guess is their risk? I've been going to them for years now over the course of two different vehicles so hopefully they'll acknowledge that.

On the service booking the dude wrote "value service" and that he'll make sure they look after me on the day. We shall see!

With the current exchange rate servicing is too expensive in France, plus when your BMW is three years old you qualify for value servicing in the UK.

Anyone know why you have to wait as a private owner to get cheaper services?

So today was the day, had her service done, the good news was they didn’t deem the rear pad service being quite needed yet, and they did the “value” pricing also. Whole lot came in at about £550 (oil, air filter, oil filter, micro filter, vehicle inspection and MOT)

The bad news however was that despite me telling them clearly that I didn’t want the car washed and it being noted on the work sheet (I have had it machine polished at expense and then only ever washed it myself using proper techniques)

What did they do? Not only did they wash it, but they managed to heavily scratch it - enough to give me the dreaded hologram effect IN ONE WASH. What the heck were they using sand paper?!?!?! So annoyed.