Sign in to follow this  
535i Andrew

Help to identify Service Inclusive

Helping a colleague out.  His son has a bought a used via AUC 116D and is trying to find out if it has service inclusive or not.  

I have the reg number and thus the chassis number but the VIN decoding sites don't advise on service inclusive packs.  I know mine has service inclusive but it doesn't show up on the VIN decoder sites.

Does any one know of another way to find out other than phoning BMW customer services?

3 hours ago, sanjx said:

bmw-service.co.uk will show it from the reg

That's terrific, thanks for that.  I have used that before but I don't recall it showing me that mine has service inclusive.  But it did this time.

The 1er in question doesn't have it but it does have an engine with a timing chain made of cheese so my advice was to get shot of it.

Being AUC, it'll have warranty. Maybe ask him to speak to the dealer and see if he can pay the difference now to take it up to 2years and then get shot in 18months time? He'll lose alot of money getting shot so soon otherwise. 

Speaking to my colleague it's very clear his son bought the car "because it was a BMW" in other words it had the badge he wanted but didn't stop to think that the car might actually cost him money to you know service it and put tyres on it.

Sounds like he got a fright when I sent on the link to the servicing costs page.

Wants the flash car* but can't really afford it.

*well it's an MSport, nowt else really flash about it.;)

To be fair though, BMW servicing isn't that bad. I've looked at E63 AMG vs BMW M5 vs RS6 and the BMW is most certainly the cheapest from a running cost point of view. My F10 cost me very little more than a VW Passat for example. Horses for courses really but if he purchased it for the badge, atleast the residual value will be better* than a corsa SXI or whatever they are called of a similar age now and when he comes to sell it

*assumption, i've always assumed anything vauxhall/citroen/peugeot depreciate very quick in comparison to BMW/Audi/Merc