Dave is right. The 2 filters are accessible from underneath behind the glovebox. You'll need a stubby Torx screwdriver to get the screws out closest to the bulkhead due to the angle of the carpet/bodywork. Also, there is a drain pipe connected to the cabin filter cover that must be disconnected and reconnected once done. Get charcoal activated Mann filters from the bay. From BMW they are about £90 per pair. When you reassemble be gentle when tightening the screws as the cover's screw holes are quite fragile. My next filter change will require a replacement cover as the ham fisted mechanics at BMW have screwed it together so tightly there isn't much plastic left for them to attach to.

19 hours ago, nashdm2 said:

Its up behind the glove box I think doc Doc. Check out you tube see if there are any vids which detail how to change, but, its not that hard I dont think.

Cheers, my friend.

No dark arts needed then.  Phew!

B)

19 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

Dave is right. The 2 filters are accessible from underneath behind the glovebox. You'll need a stubby Torx screwdriver to get the screws out closest to the bulkhead due to the angle of the carpet/bodywork. Also, there is a drain pipe connected to the cabin filter cover that must be disconnected and reconnected once done. Get charcoal activated Mann filters from the bay. From BMW they are about £90 per pair. When you reassemble be gentle when tightening the screws as the cover's screw holes are quite fragile. My next filter change will require a replacement cover as the ham fisted mechanics at BMW have screwed it together so tightly there isn't much plastic left for them to attach to.

As ever - great tips, and very helpful.  Thanks, Matthew.

All the best to you and yours!

I will follow your tips assiduously.

~C

4 hours ago, Dr Taylor said:

As ever - great tips, and very helpful.  Thanks, Matthew.

All the best to you and yours!

I will follow your tips assiduously.

~C

Hi C.

This is definitely one of the easier DIY services you can do. Good luck. 

15 hours ago, Dr Taylor said:

No dark arts needed then.  Phew!

B)

No just a Torx screwdriver bit! It's a dark tool.

Check out Realoem for your part numbers.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=FR72-EUR-01-2013-F10-BMW-535i&diagId=02_0080

Part 4 is your cabin filter.

Eurocar parts is also your friend for bits too as it's a good source of reference before tracking them down cheaper online. 

You can always try Cotswold's if you want genuine.

9 hours ago, 535i Andrew said:

No just a Torx screwdriver bit! It's a dark tool.

Check out Realoem for your part numbers.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=FR72-EUR-01-2013-F10-BMW-535i&diagId=02_0080

Part 4 is your cabin filter.

Eurocar parts is also your friend for bits too as it's a good source of reference before tracking them down cheaper online. 

You can always try Cotswold's if you want genuine.

Thanks, Andrew.

I love how the community is rallying round one of its less mechanically-gifted and rationally-minded brethren.

Your care-in-the-community approach is heart-warming.

Now...what's a screwdriver bit?  Me mind boggles, like.

:huh:

18 hours ago, Dr Taylor said:

Thanks, Andrew.

I love how the community is rallying round one of its less mechanically-gifted and rationally-minded brethren.

Your care-in-the-community approach is heart-warming.

Now...what's a screwdriver bit?  Me mind boggles, like.

:huh:

We are all here to help each other!

Torx Screwdriver bit.

https://www.drapertools.com/product/66429/T15-1-4inch-Hex-Draper-TX-STAR-Insert-Bit-25mm-Long-x-2

Goes in a bit holder that you fit onto your ratchet from your socket set, as Matthew said there isn't room to wield a screwdriver.

You can buy them in sets too.

1 hour ago, IINexusII said:

A massive saving of £76.99!

Thanks for the link.

Edited by 535i Andrew