supermurph

E39 525D Front & Rear Driver Side Lights Issue

Hi all

Tonight I noticed my wife's 03 525D Touring has a very dim driver side tailight (Celis lights) and also the drivers side angel eye side light is not coming on just the round indicator.  The rear bulb is fine I havent got round to checking the front bulb yet but its not showing up as blown on the check control.  Any ideas folks? Do I need a new rear drivers side inner tailight? Thanks!

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

I would suspect the light control module being at fault here seen as you have a few lights out at the same time, replace the bulbs first if no good that’s what I would be looking at.

Thanks Robsey. Yes I changed the bulbs on the rear and there was no change. Will try to change the front bulb and then look at replacing the light control module.

Where is the LCM and is it an easy job to change it? Can I buy a used one and if so do I need to get it programmed to work in my car. Many thanks.

The light control module is in the drivers footwell, you can change this quite easy with a second hand unit but you will need it programmed to match the vin and mileage if you have the Obd cable that works on your car and Bmw scanner 1.4  It can easily be programmed. 

I woukd also check the wiring loom in your boot as the wires can break with the boot opening and shutting, pull the black congregated rubber back and see if this is the case.

38 minutes ago, supermurph said:

Will do - thanks a lot for the advice!

Would the item below be the thing to buy to reprogram a used LCM? Cheers

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Scanner-1-4-0-Diagnostic-Interface-Code-Reader-Scan-Tool-E38-E39-E46-E53-E83/401444829880?hash=item5d77f9fab8:g:B~0AAOSwDk5T6yDJ

Yes that’s the one not sure if Jimmy on here cable shack may supply these too at least with him your know he only sells decent stuff. May be worth dropping him a pm