healeyneil

Fecking Ryanair

I booked tickets ages ago to go to Lanzarote - out by Jet2, back with Ryanair. I know their reputation, but have always said that you know what you are buying, blah blah. Today they excelled themselves with an email telling me that cabin sized bags no longer go in the cabin unless you pay an extra 11 euros something extra. They would go in the hold free,but that not the point. My flight will get home to prestwick at 11.30 at night and I don't want to faff about waiting for luggage. Utter utter bastards !

mind you I'm sitting writing this and it's 20 degrees and sunny :-):-)

i must write out 50 times " I will never travel Ryanair again "

Easyjet did similar - They won't guarantee that the standard hand luggage bag of 56 x 45 x 25 cm would go in cabin and gave a size 50x40x20cm much which they said would.

I showed them, managed a weekend skiing with a bag that size :lol:

I don't think it's just Ryanair as I was in Amsterdam last week, got there via easy jet and  it seemed everyone that had a carry on bag/suitcase it was getting removed from them at the gate and stuck in the hold, there didn't seem to be a charge for this but it seemed funny that they didn't mention this at check in? 

And that was both ways Manchester and Amsterdam....

the only bags that they seemed to let in the cabin where very small bags or handbags? 

And old bags that stunk of piss and gin and moaned about back in their day.....

:lol: 

Jet2 were fine. No one bothered looking at our cabin bags on the way out. I had a soft bag with sandwiches/ newspaper as well

Ryanair did this twice in Croatia this year and also coming back from Lisbon - everyone goes for cabin luggage as does not want to pay any extra - ground staff seek out those with the hard cases and put them in the hold FOC - I take a rucksack as they didn't target them. You are still allowed ONE cabin bag and size allowance hasn't changed.

Off to Rome next month for the England match - luckily it ain't ODreary Airlines!

Booked a few Fryer lines a couple of nights ago and then the media announcement, it's been building up to this on the usual low cost airlines but still a money grab from them...and blaming us the Flyers.     

E39 mad - it's a new rule they just applied from early Jan. I could argue my contract with them was settled before then, but where would that get me ?

I flew out to Prague and back last weekend with Squeezyjet and had no problems with my rucksack, but what did piss me off was all the nobs who have 2-3  cabin bags plus carrier bags of booze and take up all the space in the overhead bins... It's those people that take the piss and make my blood boil...

LOL - Last August coming back from Dalaman with Timmy Cock airlines they weighed my rucksack which came in at 8.7kgs... apparently their rule is a max of 6kgs... they tried to sting me for £50 to put my rucksack in the hold... not a chance with camera stuff etc in there.  (I had no suitcase to transfer anything in to). Eventually they called a supervisor who tried to insist and I still refused calling them thieves as the standard charge for pre-booked hold baggage was £32 and they were trying to sting me for £50. 

I stood at the desk and started to empty the rucksack and asked them to choose what clothing they wanted to bin as I was not paying £50 and it was primarily old clothing which was worth nothing. 

I also pointed out that I could go through in to the departure hall and then buy several bottles of alcohol which would weigh several Kgs and would they come and insist those went in the hold...?

Eventually they conceded and let me through, but for this year I have this bad boy which more pockets than a billiard table with additional ones inside and around the back...

DSC_0113.thumb.JPG.320c4e23b7cf92aae1a6abcdd7babf09.JPG

Vowed I'd never fly with Ryan Air again unless there was no other option after my last trip out to Shannon a few years back... the continuous and unending sales messages drove me mad as I was trying to prepare a presentation on the way there for delivery later that day...

Edited by Seesure

19 hours ago, healeyneil said:

E39 mad - it's a new rule they just applied from early Jan. I could argue my contract with them was settled before then, but where would that get me ?

I understand the new rules and you are still allowed ONE cabin bag with Ryanair

Reminds me of this! :lol:

Edited by pauliexjr

Having carry on luggage removed from you, at the plane or gate and put in the hold is standard practice with all airlines, not just low cost. Sometimes it's necessary.

However, deciding to add €11 per person per bag, knowing people were hoping to keep the bags close (cameras etc.) and it not being part of the original purchase is taking a whole barrel of piss.

I have always detested Ryanair and their policies.