Beej4

Introduction, new E34 M5 3.8 owner...soon!

Hi everyone

I just wanted to say hello, I'll soon be joining your fraternity, with any luck!

I've just bought a pretty rare M5 3.8 Nurburgring Edn. The current owner will be putting it through an MOT and deal with any advisories before handing it over so I'm eager to see how it goes.

I can provide pics as soon as I get the vehicle (probably not for another week or so).

I'm pretty sure the car wants for nothing but in case there are niggles, am I on the right forum for help?

Regards

Bijay

Thank you Carl! 

I look forward to participating in this forum for help and advice, as well as giving advice (however limited that may be!).

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to the pics and as mentioned, plenty of knowledge and help on here if and when required.

C.

It certainly looks good and well-cared for, hopefully the MOT doesn't throw up anything too serious.

I'll keep you all posted.

Fjord Grau? I’m sure I know the car. If so it’s been very well cared for over the years. 

Here and the E34 section of the M5board will have all the answers you need. 

Congratulations on buying in a great car. 

Edited by kobayashi

Hi Kobayashi

That sounds very encouraging to hear someone may know the car from the past!

Thanks to you and all the other members for your welcoming replies. 

Only 6 Fjord Grau RHD cars I believe. I think yours may have belonged to Steve Mac from a the M5board. He’s an old friend, I own what was his E39 M5. He is s true enthusiast who maintains his cars regardless of cost. If it is his car you’ve bought then it’s a good one. 

The current owner said he's only had the car for a year or so and he bought it from a mega-enthusiast from London. 

From the way the current owner enthused about the previous owner (regarding no expense-spared ownership), it could well be your friend and I could be a very lucky man!

Oh, I forgot to ask. 

The MOT record states the car is blue but in reality it is this Fjord grey colour.

Is this down to the MOT tester's colour perception rather than something for me to worry about?
Do I need to correct it somewhere?

12 hours ago, Beej4 said:

Oh, I forgot to ask. 

The MOT record states the car is blue but in reality it is this Fjord grey colour.

Is this down to the MOT tester's colour perception rather than something for me to worry about?
Do I need to correct it somewhere?

I would not be concerned ... Fjord grey does look blue ... and the number of wrong miles on MOT's is shocking. 

6 speed? Congrats i ran a 3.8 for 3 years and sold it this summer. Still not sure it was my smartest move. A good one is great i think

Yes, 6-speed.

It has the EDC system fitted and Ive read only bad things about it (of course when it goes wrong that is). 

I know the owner has had new dampers a little time ago. 

How long do these things last? 

Disaster!

For reasons I can't control, this purchase is not happening now :(

I feel like a complete tool getting my hopes up so high...