Alexis

F10 lci front end parts

Hi everyone 

I’m new to the forum. I have a 2011 f10 5 series . It has been involved in a minor front accident , well I say minor as it was only going 15 mph but the wing and Bonnet crumbled , headlight smashed and also caught the bumper . Now I’m wondering about updating the front end to the 2013 onwards spec as most of it has to be replaced barring drivers side wing and headlight  . Does anyone know if this is all a straight fit ? 

Any help would be much apprciated 

Hello,

Is it an M Sport or SE? Standard halogen lights or xenons?

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same. the headlight assembly must also fit in both as people have retrofitted LED headlights to pre-lci cars.

Edited by IINexusII

14 hours ago, IINexusII said:

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same.

The change to the LCI M Sport was the position of the lower fog lights.  They moved from the centre of the lower grille to the outside edge.

16 hours ago, IINexusII said:

Hello,

Is it an M Sport or SE? Standard halogen lights or xenons?

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same. the headlight assembly must also fit in both as people have retrofitted LED headlights to pre-lci cars.

Hi thanks for your help. Sorry mine is an M Sport with halogen , I know what I need to make the newer lights work  . Just not sure if I have to change anything for the newer M sport bumper to fit and whether the newer headlights will slot in and got in the existing brackets ? And also whether I need to change the front wings ? I know the bonnnet is different but that just looks a straight swap . 

Thanks for your help 

13 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Bad luck OP

Nothing to add other than be great if you took pictures doing the work!

Hi yes I will take before and after pics for sure. If it is a straight swap I may as well go ahead and do it .

cheers 

47 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Is there anyone who has done this conversion? 

Thanks 

I've not seen any posts here nor in the US where someone has changed a preLCI MSport bumper for a postLCI MSport bumper. It isn't really much of a conversion as the bumper covers look so similar. Realoem is showing a different part number for the cover only and the bumper carrier and other supports are identical so I'd assume the covers are interchangeable.  

11 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

I've not seen any posts here nor in the US where someone has changed a preLCI MSport bumper for a postLCI MSport bumper. It isn't really much of a conversion as the bumper covers look so similar. Realoem is showing a different part number for the cover only and the bumper carrier and other supports are identical so I'd assume the covers are interchangeable.  

Hello there 

I can’t find anything anywhere either , it’s just when i look up the parts for wings and the Bonnet , there’s an option for either 2010-2013 and then 2013-2016 so I’m assuming there is a difference . 

Thanks for for your help 

If required I have a spare pair of LCi M headlamp washer levers and caps I mistakenly got for my non-M F11. 

Edited by HandyAndy_UK

14 hours ago, Alexis said:

Hello there 

I can’t find anything anywhere either , it’s just when i look up the parts for wings and the Bonnet , there’s an option for either 2010-2013 and then 2013-2016 so I’m assuming there is a difference . 

Thanks for for your help 

I've just done a side by side comparison of an LCI vs non-LCI F10 on REALOEM and the front wings and bonnet have identical part numbers. The bumper cover has a dfferent part number but as I said the LCI version MSport o e should be a straight swap. 

On 13/01/2018 at 10:24 PM, HandyAndy_UK said:

If required I have a spare pair of LCi M headlamp washer levers and caps I mistakenly got for my non-M F11. 

Hi there 

thanks I think I’m ok with them , if it turns out I’m not, I will let you know . 

cheers 

On 14/01/2018 at 12:27 AM, Matthew Ashton said:

I've just done a side by side comparison of an LCI vs non-LCI F10 on REALOEM and the front wings and bonnet have identical part numbers. The bumper cover has a dfferent part number but as I said the LCI version MSport o e should be a straight swap. 

Ah ok , there’s a lot of confusing information over the internet about this , but part numbers don’t lie . Thanks for checking that out for us . Great help. 

Cherrs