Jump to content
Alexis

F10 lci front end parts

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone 

 

I’m new to the forum. I have a 2011 f10 5 series . It has been involved in a minor front accident , well I say minor as it was only going 15 mph but the wing and Bonnet crumbled , headlight smashed and also caught the bumper . Now I’m wondering about updating the front end to the 2013 onwards spec as most of it has to be replaced barring drivers side wing and headlight  . Does anyone know if this is all a straight fit ? 

 

Any help would be much apprciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

Is it an M Sport or SE? Standard halogen lights or xenons?

 

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same. the headlight assembly must also fit in both as people have retrofitted LED headlights to pre-lci cars.

Edited by IINexusII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, IINexusII said:

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same.

The change to the LCI M Sport was the position of the lower fog lights.  They moved from the centre of the lower grille to the outside edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, IINexusII said:

Hello,

 

Is it an M Sport or SE? Standard halogen lights or xenons?

 

SE facelift has a newer design front bumper but im pretty sure the M Sport stayed the same. the headlight assembly must also fit in both as people have retrofitted LED headlights to pre-lci cars.

 

Hi thanks for your help. Sorry mine is an M Sport with halogen , I know what I need to make the newer lights work  . Just not sure if I have to change anything for the newer M sport bumper to fit and whether the newer headlights will slot in and got in the existing brackets ? And also whether I need to change the front wings ? I know the bonnnet is different but that just looks a straight swap . 

 

Thanks for your help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bmwmike said:

Bad luck OP

 

Nothing to add other than be great if you took pictures doing the work!

Hi yes I will take before and after pics for sure. If it is a straight swap I may as well go ahead and do it .

 

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Alexis said:

Is there anyone who has done this conversion? 

 

Thanks 

 

I've not seen any posts here nor in the US where someone has changed a preLCI MSport bumper for a postLCI MSport bumper. It isn't really much of a conversion as the bumper covers look so similar. Realoem is showing a different part number for the cover only and the bumper carrier and other supports are identical so I'd assume the covers are interchangeable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Matthew Ashton said:

 

I've not seen any posts here nor in the US where someone has changed a preLCI MSport bumper for a postLCI MSport bumper. It isn't really much of a conversion as the bumper covers look so similar. Realoem is showing a different part number for the cover only and the bumper carrier and other supports are identical so I'd assume the covers are interchangeable.  

Hello there 

 

I can’t find anything anywhere either , it’s just when i look up the parts for wings and the Bonnet , there’s an option for either 2010-2013 and then 2013-2016 so I’m assuming there is a difference . 

 

Thanks for for your help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If required I have a spare pair of LCi M headlamp washer levers and caps I mistakenly got for my non-M F11. 

Edited by HandyAndy_UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alexis said:

Hello there 

 

I can’t find anything anywhere either , it’s just when i look up the parts for wings and the Bonnet , there’s an option for either 2010-2013 and then 2013-2016 so I’m assuming there is a difference . 

 

Thanks for for your help 

 

I've just done a side by side comparison of an LCI vs non-LCI F10 on REALOEM and the front wings and bonnet have identical part numbers. The bumper cover has a dfferent part number but as I said the LCI version MSport o e should be a straight swap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2018 at 10:24 PM, HandyAndy_UK said:

If required I have a spare pair of LCi M headlamp washer levers and caps I mistakenly got for my non-M F11. 

Hi there 

 

thanks I think I’m ok with them , if it turns out I’m not, I will let you know . 

 

cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 12:27 AM, Matthew Ashton said:

 

I've just done a side by side comparison of an LCI vs non-LCI F10 on REALOEM and the front wings and bonnet have identical part numbers. The bumper cover has a dfferent part number but as I said the LCI version MSport o e should be a straight swap. 

Ah ok , there’s a lot of confusing information over the internet about this , but part numbers don’t lie . Thanks for checking that out for us . Great help. 

 

Cherrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×