Sign in to follow this  
kayser540

Bmw 90AH or Universal 110AH battery 760LI

Hi guys time has has come to replace my battery on my 760li.

I have rang my local BMW dealer who have advised my that the older 110ah battery that originally came from factory has now been discontinued and that the suitable battery for my car is a 90AH AGM battery. 

Would the lower Amp battery not be an issue and has anyone else had gone from 110AH to 90AH  AGM battery? 

Edited by kayser540

That smells a bit like BS to me, try another dealer? My E60 had a 110 ah battery.   To me that's too big a difference in size, but things have moved on a bit since my E60 was made.

But if the car is then coded properly so it knows it has a different sized battery, you might be o.k.

What age is the V12?

90AH AGM is now listed as the better option to replace the 110AH due to the different technology, AGM can do a better job. Dealer is quoting the book on this as I have read it in ISTA+

If you want a standard lead acid go to an indy but they may well tell you the reasons why it is better to go AGM :)

Hi guy I have spoken to couple of dealer near me and also the forum sponsor they have said 90AH agm. My local indie has said 110ah. 

The car car is a 2003 model 760li. 

Makes sense, things have changed in the nearly 15 years since yours rolled off the production line.

Go for the genuine one and make sure it gets coded to the car properly.

both 90 and 110ah are likely to be the same case size, the 019 is one of the largest car cases you'll get, commonly fitted to 3.5T vans too, Ah and CCA in them vary, not all 019's are equal!

17 hours ago, jake13 said:

FLASH50      50% off batteries from EuroCarParts.

Just missed it.. iv left it with the indie (Darren woods Bmw)  as I need few bits doing aswell..