Jump to content
Tommyb520d

Another problem

Recommended Posts

Is this a request for help or just a rant?!

 

Stick it in the relevant E60/F10 section pal; you'll get better coverage there ;)

 

Could be a simple fix too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, put this in the F10 section for a response. 

 

What are the symptoms? Are the lights coming on? Or is it no reaction at all to pressing the button? Is it the whole seat not hearing or only 1/2? (back/bottom?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update-  turns out the passenger seat and the back seats not heating or buttons lighting up .... only drivers seat is working .... strange 

 

It's going to garage on Friday to get new light control unit fitted so I'll ask them to have a look at it. Suppose it is a bit of a rant .... just hoped bmw would be reliable car ... but not turning out that way. 

Edited by Tommyb520d
Info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sanjx said:

Agreed, put this in the F10 section for a response. 

 

What are the symptoms? Are the lights coming on? Or is it no reaction at all to pressing the button? Is it the whole seat not hearing or only 1/2? (back/bottom?)

Nothing at all ... no lights showing when button pressed. 

 

Cheers 

Tommy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tommyb520d said:

Nothing at all ... no lights showing when button pressed. 

 

Cheers 

Tommy 

 

Checked fuses? Sounds like that could be the culprit. Start cheap and go from there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommyb520d said:

Passenger heated seat not working 2011 5 series ..... beginning to wish I had kept my jaguar xf.

 

 

Seems to be one problem after another on this car

 

I’ve had my 54000 mile 2011 F10 since July. It’s been / needs to go  back for:

 

Replacement of broken coil spring. 

Damaged trim while it was in for the spring. 

Replacement of faulty window / mirror switch pack. 

Broken exhaust flexi pipe. 

Service indicator telling me it was due a service in the year 2000.

Folding mirror intermittently not unfolding. 

 

Oh yes - and front parking sensors that pop into the bumper at the slightest provocation - and it’s a bumper off job to GLUE it back on. GLUE. 

 

I had a poor experience with an E39 that took me away from BMW for a while, despite it being my favourite marque  - and I’ll be going back to a Volvo as soon as the Approved Used warranty on this runs out. 

 

Pity. Beautiful cars to have and drive, but let down by stupid crap like this. I love my 525d, but am beginning to regret buying it. I don’t trust it. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Calypso-E34

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 11:32 PM, Calypso-E34 said:

 

I’ve had my 54000 mile 2011 F10 since July. It’s been / needs to go  back for:

 

Replacement of broken coil spring. 

Damaged trim while it was in for the spring. 

Replacement of faulty window / mirror switch pack. 

Broken exhaust flexi pipe. 

Service indicator telling me it was due a service in the year 2000.

Folding mirror intermittently not unfolding. 

 

Oh yes - and front parking sensors that pop into the bumper at the slightest provocation - and it’s a bumper off job to GLUE it back on. GLUE. 

 

I had a poor experience with an E39 that took me away from BMW for a while, despite it being my favourite marque  - and I’ll be going back to a Volvo as soon as the Approved Used warranty on this runs out. 

 

Pity. Beautiful cars to have and drive, but let down by stupid crap like this. I love my 525d, but am beginning to regret buying it. I don’t trust it. 

 

 

 

 

That's real disappointment for you obviously. The idea of buying newer should be that the product has evolved and is better than the older one! I've read numerous threads about issues with the F and G series, which shouldn't really be the case. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×